GW-1100 - Anyone has? Please share.

LUW

The blue one is definitively in my future
thumbs-up.gif

Gary7

I really like the Aviator series and I'd own one of the GA-1000 or GW-A1000 models if they weren't so damned expensive. I can actually afford one, but I've limited myself to a specific watch budget and other G-Shock models have been taking priority.

Call me weird, call me odd, but... if there's one thing that I don't like about this watch, it is the "Fly Back" function. Or more specifically, the actual label. Why? Because it telegraphs rather boldly, "you are wearing this watch because you are an aviator". I am not... although in my dreams I would love to have a private pilot's license. So for me, wearing it just feels like I'm trying to be something I'm not. That's just the upfront feeling I get. I suspect I'd get over it, if I owned the watch though. It is a GORGEOUS timepiece. :cool:

Arcy

There are probably loads of people including me who own a Frogman but don't intend on wearing it scuba diving, so I don't see any problem wearing an Aviator and not being a pilot. I intend on owning the green one in the future because I love the look of the watch.

Rasta-G

what you feel fun to wear is an expression of what you want, or want you dream to be. Being everything is not always possible. So at least by expressing them using your favorite watches, you will feel the life you will never become.

Gary7

I have gone SCUBA diving, so wearing a Frogman doesn't make me feel like I'm "posing."

OTOH, there are other Aviator models that do appeal to me, without trying to look exclusively used by pilots. You guys make good points, though. I guess nothing wrong with dreaming. ;)