Am i right or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rutteger

Administrator
We do indeed need to do something to try and gather some 'momentum' for the general section of the forum. If anyone has some cool ideas for threads please go ahead.

The sales is a good point. Just kind of let that one go, however based on feedback if people now see this as primarily a forum for resellers that is not a good thing. Suggestions welcome how to easily tell the difference, however thinking about a seperate 'collectors classifieds' as per BTs suggestion, need to make a number of posts in the chat (say 50?) before you can use it. May or may not leave an open classifieds, however think this perhaps does more harm than good.

@LUW - thanks for your comments, did set this place up in the hope it become the primary resource. Hopefully with feedback for the users I can rechart the course a little :)

LUW

The sales is a good point. Just kind of let that one go, however based on feedback if people now see this as primarily a forum for resellers that is not a good thing. Suggestions welcome how to easily tell the difference, however thinking about a seperate 'collectors classifieds' as per BTs suggestion, need to make a number of posts in the chat (say 50?) before you can use it. May or may not leave an open classifieds, however think this perhaps does more harm than good.
Why would it be bad? It will stem some traffic, but only the "commercial" traffic, and that's the idea (I think). When G-SZ gets bigger and better known you can always lift this, but until then it will prune out the new members that see the site only as a sales platform. For regular posters (real enthusiasts) the post count demand wouldn't be an issue because they would already have enough posts just by talking shop.

PS: I started working on that article I promised you, I only need to make some more photos (with the move I was out of time) - maybe even this weekend I'll send it in.

cedric

Idea of a collectors sales corner and separate private sales corner is good. Maybe it can also be mandated for sellers to state price and include pictures, making it less easy to flood the sales forum.

Deepsea_Dweller

Sadly I can't contribute an awful lot but I will try posting more regulary in WRUW and also then and there an unboxing thread. Few highlights still to come in 2013 :)

terryjames

There is one point here that i totally agree with and that a watch for sale should be accompanied with a photo of the actual watch and a set price.Definitely no auction.As stated by Cedric.
Well if nothing else this has opened a discussion;) Terry

ad33lak

I don't mind the ads too much. However, would definitely like to see photos, prices, currency and clear postage costs in ads as a rule, with mods instantly deleting such threads that don't meet the above.

Just wish Casio had universal release dates, to stop some of this instant flipping with new releases, or more recently re-releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.