Am i right or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryjames

I know i have not been around for a while but one of the first things that caught my eye was an ad in the classified.
Only one post .Be it right or wrong, if you look i did make a comment.Maybe i should not have done but this seams totally wrong to me.
I wondered what the others { and Mods ] thought about this……. Terry

Psweeting

To be fair I've almost stopped visiting here. It seems to just be a classified site for Asian resellers now. Ads that don't show pictures or have no asking price (send me your best offer) ruined it for me.

terryjames

Hi tubs,Ok so the thread has been deleted,Well done but my question still wash`t answered.[ was i right or not ] and would it have been deleted without this post……… Terry

LUW

To be fair I've almost stopped visiting here. It seems to just be a classified site for Asian resellers now. Ads that don't show pictures or have no asking price (send me your best offer) ruined it for me.
My feelings too. A pity.

rutteger

Administrator
Not sure what the original thread contained. However given BT removed it can only assume it was inappropriate.

Interesting comments made by Psweeting and LUW, shame you view the site in this way. Interested in any comments about how we might move the site forward.

How can we promote more discussion in the chat area?

How best to deal with the classifieds? Thought giving users a free G-Shock classified would help bring in users however partially agree that it's getting hit hard by resellers. Interested as to suggestions how to deal with this?

Put loads of time into this site and continue to do so as time allows. Really like to see it grow as it did initially and am open to ideas :D

terryjames

Hi Rutteger,First of all Thanks and yes i can appreciate the time and effort that has been put in to make the Site what is is today.
My original post was obviously about a dealer classified add which was not about watches and as you know was deleted by BT.
If those Adds [ dealers ] have to appear then IMO should be in a separate category and maybe bring you some revenue .
As i have said,only my opinion.

LUW

Rutteger, I can imagine all the work a site like this demands, so I'm also confident that it's easier said then done. I would really like to see G-SZ become a prime place for g-shockaholics to hang around to talk and learn about G, and I'm positive that all collectors and enthusiasts would be interested in seeing that. Right now G-SZ has a very small traffic, which won't bring many discussions and therefor cause a general lack of content. What we do see now is almost only For Sale adds, and I'm probably not the only one that gets a bit bothered by that, specially if these adds are almost 100% by "professional" sellers and not collectors/enthusiasts. I'm afraid that many enthusiasts get chased away by that, maybe feeling that the forum is one of those "direct sales" places that have been all over the web.

Unfortunately this can happen to any hobby site/forum, and what could avoid this is to put a minimum number of posts before you can visit and post at the sales section. Of course this could cause these "professional sellers" to try to flood the boards with posts to get their post count up, but that kind of behavior is easily adjusted by a good moderation team. Many forums use that policy and at least at the ones I visit regularly it seems to work.

Bubbly Tubs

I like the idea of a collectors sales corner, and a separate private sales corner. It's just working out how to differ between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.