Making G-Shockzone better - December 2013

rutteger

Administrator
Following on from a couple of other threads there are a few suggestions as to how we can improve G-Shockzone.

Based on these intend to implement the following

*Only allow classified access once 50 posts have been made in the main discussion forum. This is to keep the classifieds for genuine collectors are deter resellers.
*Only allow access to the ebay / marketplace watch section once 25 posts have been made in the discussion forum.
*Publish more articles on the front page. With this in mind we now have a section where you can submit articles etc. Drop me a PM and can give you access.
*Setup a review section.

Other suggestions are

*Mandate both price and picture in classifieds.

Interested to hear thoughts and opinions.

Moving forward have made the following changes

*Only allow classified access once 50 posts have been made in the main discussion forum. This is to keep the classifieds for genuine collectors are deter resellers.
*Only allow access to the ebay / marketplace watch section once 25 posts have been made in the discussion forum.
LUW,
*resellers MUST contact myself prior to using the classifieds.

terryjames

Hi Rutteger,That seems to be a good start Mate into improving the forum.I myself am always about and i suppose should become a little more active in the discussions instead of lurking in the background. Have to slap my wrist and do something about it.
Cheers Terry

LUW

G-SZ is NOT a commercial site, so the sales section should be only allowed to true enthusiasts. If you're an enthusiast, 50 posts is easy to achieve, but if spamming occurs, just to get post count up, I strongly recommend that the member in question be monitored - it's pretty easy to spot spamming.

Sure! For the same reasons above.

*Publish more articles on the front page. With this in mind we now have a section where you can submit articles etc. Drop me a PM and can give you access.
PLEASE! No need for "professional" articles, we need to see more pics and personal impressions.
PS: John, I'm still waiting for my access
laughing.gif

*Setup a review section.
Honestly, if you have a strong front page with good articles (tutorials, comparos, etc), you can put the reviews right in there. Of course, in the future, if things get crowded over there, all the material can be sorted and then separated. The only thing necessary is to adopt a standard title format, like "REVIEW:..." or "TUTORIAL:...".

*Mandate both price and picture in classifieds.
Most definitively! Why would that be a problem to the seller? Once again, G-SZ is not a commercial site, so there's no need to keep things hidden. And if I may, I would suggest a policy where the seller should NOT remove the price after the sale is completed.

rutteger

Administrator
@terryjames - nice one :D

@LUW - good stuff, glad you approve of the plans :D

You should have access to the articles ares already, will PM you.

The change to classifieds maybe a little more medium term but will get there.

Feeling quite enthused by the site at the moment, some excellent feedback from the current active members means I can definitely see a solid way forward for this place :)

LUW

John, yep, I got access!
thumbs-up.gif

And yes, we're getting more traffic here from some pretty neat people. I have the feeling G-SZ will soar!
clapping.gif

rutteger

Administrator
LUW,

glad you have access.

Certainly great to see GS-Z headed in the right direction

Changes made to the classifieds and marketplace watch as indicated. Given it a quick test but if others can verify they have posting rights that would be good. Want to make the classifieds somewhere for genuine collectors not resellers, as such trade and resellers MUST contact myself prior to using the classifieds.

LUW

Awesome!
I honestly think these changes are for the better, since G-SZ has potential. The membership is showing this: so far, most of the posts here are from old-hand collectors and enthusiasts, and that's a BIG plus. Of course we need new blood (G-SZ will always need new blood), but it's great to see the foundations made of some solid and seasoned people.

PS: I'm writing the promised tool article, if uploading/linking pics doesn't give me any hassle I'll be done this afternoon.

rutteger

Administrator
Seems like quite a few resellers cracked the 50 post mark for classified use already.

As such you now need 125 posts to use the classifieds.

If anyone sees resellers using the classifieds going forward please let me know :)

LUW

I don't know if this is in effect or even possible, but can the post count only count in the forum and not in the sale sections? If not, the constant "bump" posts will get somebody's post count up pretty fast.