Making G-Shockzone better - December 2013

Dr_jinG

Following on from a couple of other threads there are a few suggestions as to how we can improve G-Shockzone.

Based on these intend to implement the following

*Only allow classified access once 50 posts have been made in the main discussion forum. This is to keep the classifieds for genuine collectors are deter resellers.
*Only allow access to the ebay / marketplace watch section once 25 posts have been made in the discussion forum.
*Publish more articles on the front page. With this in mind we now have a section where you can submit articles etc. Drop me a PM and can give you access.
*Setup a review section.

Other suggestions are

*Mandate both price and picture in classifieds.

Interested to hear thoughts and opinions.

Moving forward have made the following changes

*Only allow classified access once 50 posts have been made in the main discussion forum. This is to keep the classifieds for genuine collectors are deter resellers.
*Only allow access to the ebay / marketplace watch section once 25 posts have been made in the discussion forum.
LUW,
*resellers MUST contact myself prior to using the classifieds.

rutteger, I completely understand the need for these rules (we've had some problems on another forum I belong to, due to a scammy seller who bilked folks out of hundreds of dollars), but on a forum like this, it will take me an age to create 50 posts. I joined in the hopes of obtaining a link for my MT-G 520, and learning more of what's out there on these excellent watches. Is there a possibility of allowing "Wanted" ads to be posted by newbs?

Thank you for your consideration.

Juan Savage

The daily WRUW threads are a big turn off for me. There's no need to differentiate the day. Think about it: Does somebody ask themselves, "I wonder what people wore on February 12, 1014?" No. They just want to wade through a thread and see people posing with their watch. One long thread is better for this because people can browse, which is what the thread is for.

Deepsea_Dweller

The daily WRUW threads are a big turn off for me. There's no need to differentiate the day. Think about it: Does somebody ask themselves, "I wonder what people wore on February 12, 1014?" No. They just want to wade through a thread and see people posing with their watch. One long thread is better for this because people can browse, which is what the thread is for.

Oh boy. Your first post here and right away a negative one. Awesome. You better get started Juan and make it better!

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Juan Savage

People seem nice (positive comment). My post is more me like trying to be helpful.

I participate in a car Forum and they have one thread called "what I did to my car today."

BACKBLAST72

Good Morning Juan,

I was browsing through the forums today and I noticed your post about our G-shocks. So the first question I have for you is are you a G-Shock collector / aficionado? Most of the guys who you will encounter and interact here with are in those two categories aforementioned in my question. we do the WRUW thread to share with our fellow collectors pictures, comments, and sometimes short videos about these awesome timepieces we all love and appreciate. Its been my personal experience since becoming a member back in 2013 that these guys are passionate and very informative about these watches we all collect. No one has EVER been an ass with me and I don't intend on being one either. So I would kindly invite you to learn about our small part of the world in these awesome forums of ours. If you listen to the comments being made or the serious information being shared you will find just as much passion about these watches and guys that you seem to appreciate in the car forum you belong to.

And if you don't own a G-Shock I also invite you to take a close look at these tough time pieces, there is really no competition out there when it comes to doing what G-Shock promises and delivers with their watches.

While I'm writing this, I'm the newest member of this forum and this is my only G-Shock forum. As a newbie, here's how I think G-Shockzone could be better:

1. I agree with a saru7 that we should have an "About G-Shockzone" page. It could contain who, how and why this website started, what's our mission, vision and goals or what are we passionate about. Maybe we could PM a moderator/ administrator to collect suggestions from members.

2. Could the number of active members be increased by sending an e-mail reminder for them to log-in to the website and become more active members?

3. How about if we increase our membership by recruiting others/asking them if they would like to join the forum. No pressure on those who want / don't want to recruit. We could start with family members, friends, then co-workers. Just ask once, no need to keep bugging them. I'll start tonight by asking my brother who has a few G-Shocks.

I hope this helps :)

Sofakos

Seems like quite a few resellers cracked the 50 post mark for classified use already.

As such you now need 125 posts to use the classifieds.

If anyone sees resellers using the classifieds going forward please let me know :)

Hi rutteger, and nice to meet you. I am new in forum areas . Please could you help me with the above? I am here to make a better collection (for my criteria to buy some and sell others) so, in order to sell some of my watches I have to to write 125 “good morning” for example?

Thank you,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deepsea_Dweller

Hi rutteger, and nice to meet you. I am new in forum areas . Please could you help me with the above? I am here to make a better collection (for my criteria to buy some and sell others) so, in order to sell some of my watches I have to to write 125 “good morning” for example?

Thank you,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may post a bit in the G Shock and Discussion Forum and/ or even open up new threads/ topics. Easily you can reach the required amount of posts. Just contribute here on a regular basis

Example:

WRUW Monday 18 - Sunday 24 November 2019
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...hread.php?t=5750&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro