Keepers

rutteger

Administrator
Why oh why don't Casio sell the strap keepers seperately? Had yet another older keeper break yesterday. I know I can buy a new strap with keeper. I know I can use a rubber band, rubber o-ring, piece of inner tube or whatever. But All I want is to be able to buy a new keeper.

macspite

I have the same problem. "Solved" by nicking the keeper off my six quid market dive watch but I still need another couple of them. Maybe that is the answer - go on to eBay, buy some really cheap watches - I can get some wholesale from Asia - keep the keeper and bin the rest.

Chimpanzee reading Darwin - "I am my keeper's brother"

macspite

I have taken my own advice - always a dangerous move:

watch in bits.JPG

£2.98 for a keeper with a battered but repairable AQ-100W thrown in for free!

rutteger

Administrator
'Wholesale' and 'from Asia'. Hmmm ;)

Good thought to buy a cheapy for the keeper. However by the time you buy a new band and bezel for that it may not be much cheaper.

macspite

I'd better admit that I bought the cheapy for watch repair practice. Face is well scratched so good for polishing, needs batteries so will get to play around with that. I'm not too concerned about originality, it's not a rare watch so a cloth band from the market will spruce it up. Main thing is that it has big luminous hands and markers so is an ideal side of the bed watch. As for Asia and wholesale - I have ordered a single Anike S-Shock for $8.97 inclusive of shipping just to see how good/bad it may be. I will post pictures of exterior and interior once I have it. :rolleyes:

rutteger

Administrator
I'd better admit that I bought the cheapy for watch repair practice. Face is well scratched so good for polishing, needs batteries so will get to play around with that. I'm not too concerned about originality, it's not a rare watch so a cloth band from the market will spruce it up. Main thing is that it has big luminous hands and markers so is an ideal side of the bed watch.

Good call for a 'practice' watch. I have a big bag of busted up G-Shocks I've bought for spares and / or have been DOA. Always useful!

As for Asia and wholesale - I have ordered a single Anike S-Shock for $8.97 inclusive of shipping just to see how good/bad it may be. I will post pictures of exterior and interior once I have it. :rolleyes:

Ahhh, the good old S-Shock :p