just started collecting g-shocks, need help to identify whether legit or not

cgcourson

Hey everyone I need some help. I bought a lot of G-Shocks at a great price on ebay, might have been too good but thought it was worth the gamble. Can everyone give me some feedback
DSC_1180.jpg

DSC_1179.jpg

2. this one the seller told me he painted the bezel orange to make it look better
DSC_1174.jpg

DSC_1171.jpg

DSC_1169.jpg

DSC_1161.jpg

DSC_1165.jpg

DSC_1159.jpg

DSC_1152.jpg

5. this is the one i am questioning the most. the person I bought this from said it was an old one, so wondering if that is why there is no mudman on the back look at movement pic too
DSC_1149.jpg

DSC_1141.jpg

DSC_1139.jpg

Sengyoku

Hi CG, welcome to the forum :)

I'm not an expert on some of the older models like the dw-003 but your watches all look legit to me except no.4 the "king". Sorry to say that it certainly looks fake :/

There are no kings ever produced in that colour scheme and the display is wrong (Kings have 3 digit day codes for example).

However, don't let that bother you too much as that last one is interesting, I believe it is indeed an AW-570 'Mudman' also known as the first Mudman! These are apparently not very well known and very rare as they were produced in small numbers before casio went with the all digital design! I only recently found this out myself...

Sent from the 'droid.

Sengyoku

No worries, glad I could help :)

Just for your information, these are all the colour variations of Kings (GX-56 and GXW-56, which are now sadly discontinued!) that have ever been produced:

GXW-56-1AJF.jpg
GXW-56-1BJF.jpg
GXW-56-4JF.jpg
GXW-56E-1JF.jpg
GXW-56GB-1JF.jpg
GXW-56KG-3JF.jpg

And one collaboration model, non-atomic only, the DGK King:
GX-56DGK-1JR.jpg

All the other Kings, bar the atomic blue King, had non-atomic, solar only models released in various markets worldwide with a model designation 'GX-56'. The Atomic models 'GXW-56' were not released in Europe or the US... So any other colours you see out there are very likely to be fake... also watch out for the display as the king always has a 3 digit day code!