It's going to be a nice day today

LUW

Why? Because today I'm going to the post office to pick up my first G of the year!
gay.gif

Nothing fancy, but I'm excited - my last new G was the Rangeman in October! As soon as I have my new favorite baby in hands I'll show ya what it is :afro:.

LUW

Sorry guys, got sidetracked by a few things and I couldn't get to the PC to post. But here's the new guy:

GBX6900_03.jpg

GB-X6900B-1JF

Nothing out of this world, but a VERY nice watch. I was itching to get one of the new large frames, so I waited for the postal craze of the end of the year to die down and ordered this X6900. I really liked it - it's BIG but sits well on the wrist.

GBX6900_01.jpg

Yep, that's a watermelon (planted by my son a couple of months ago when we moved in).

GBX6900_04.jpg

Never saw so much stuff written on the back plate of a G!​

When you first hear of the X6900 you naturally think it's an XL 6900, but in reality it just shares the resin (but bigger, of course) and nothing else. Still, if you're a fan of the 6900 and like big watches, this is right up your alley.

GBX6900_05.jpg

X6900B × 6900​

So there it is. Just don't ask me about the BT stuff because I don't have an iPhone (and I basically hate cell phones in general) so I really don't know if it works. But in the spirit of science I can try to get it to work with my dad's cell phone next time I see him
cool.gif
. And sorry about the (literally) pedestrian pics, but my tibia and a bone in my foot are fractured so I'm off the saddle for at least another month. My last ride was December 19th and I'm really missing my bikes...
banging.gif

vade_R

Very nice Luciano, I actually like these newer Bluetooth G's a lot, they not only have vibration as well as auto EL, and tell you who's calling, email and Facebook updates, but it also controls the iPod functions like volume and track selection, and can even serve as a speedometer, by using the gps on the phone, which actually would be very useful on your bike rides. I have a square version and it really impressed me with all that it can do

But of course if you don't have a smartphone, your only Gonna use like a 1/4th of its abilities, oh we'll at least it looks very nice on your wrist

chrisek

Nice pickup LUW. I think the large frame 6900's are the silent killer release of 2013. Big battery, comfortable, and Casio can rehash a lot of previous color schemes that are known to look good. I don't have a GBX yet, but have a couple GDX's. :beer:

sent with aloha

LUW

... it also controls the iPod functions like volume and track selection...
Are you sure about that? I just tried and at least with my iPod Nano I didn't find any option (on the Nano) for BT control. Maybe that is only valid for the current iPods? But I'm aware that sooner or later I'll have to cave in and get a smart phone...
rollingeyes.gif

Even though I don't use it to control a phone, it's a killer G: big digits, big buttons, great EL and (very importantly) displays CT in SW and CDT modes
thumbs-up.gif

Sengyoku

Nice Luciano! My blue version says Hi :)

6epu9eje.jpg

The bluetooth functions are mighty impressive actually, I had to borrow my SEC's iPhone to try them out, but I think it's a pretty accomplished watch even without the BT features. But I completely agree with Chris on the x6900 model, it's a fantastic new model that hasn't been given that much attention, I think you also try one of the regular 3 eye x6900s too :)

Sent from the 'droid.