What is your favorite g-shock model out there?

BACKBLAST72

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE,

We all share the same passion and enthusiasm for these awesome and great watches which as we all know CASIO has been manufacturing since 1983. Through the years there has been some interesting models and so I figured we could share one another's passion and love for these great pieces of time keeping our generations have ever seen.

So if you could tell us the model number and just explain what is it that you like about that particular line / family, and post a picture so we can all get a visual.

There is so many great models out there but one of my favorites will have to be the 7900 family of G's. I have always like the simplicity of these models. However, the variety of colors and contrasting module displays make for an interesting collection with variety and eclectic looks. They fit the wrist very comfortably and are not heavy at all. Sometimes I forget when I wearing mine that I even have a watch on my wrist. And overall I think they are very eye catching, I have received several compliments when wearing mine.

G7900A-4.jpgGR7900EW-7.jpgG7900B-1JF.jpgG-7900MSYellow_04.jpgG7900MS-1B.jpgGR7900NV-2 1.jpgGR7900KG-3CR.jpgGW7900CD-9.jpgGR79000A-7CR.jpgGW7900RD-4.jpgGW-7900MS_19.jpg513-Oxs6J8L__SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg416jUY3CpJL__SL246_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

I have posted some pictures of the various models found in the 7900 family of watches. I own two thus far 1) GR7900KG-3CR, 2) G 7900A-4.
And if anyone knows of a different model I miss, please let me know so I could added to my list.

Thank you.

Very Sincerely,
BACKBLAST72:cool:

BACKBLAST72

Hi Ben_R,
I have the GA 1000-2A which is the blue with white face display, and I must admit the Aviation family of wachets are pretty awesome.
You have some nice pieces there.

Thank you for your comments, and for sharing your love of these awesome watches.

Very Sincerely,
BACKBLAST72

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

chrisek

My absolute favorite watch I own is the GW-T5030C.

rybemu5e.jpg

If you have worn a Steel cased screwback it wears heavy for it's size and because it is elevated (from the screwback) it also "flops" a little. This one being Titanium cased does neither. Love it. Not exactly readily available and in fact discontinued (small run).

My favorite "regular" watch hands down is the 9300 mudman. In particular my Men In Smoky Grey.

jydupeja.jpg

Very much enjoy the comfort and esthetics of it.

My favorite recent release is actually the oversized GDX6900's that I am up to 4 of and looking forward to the camouflage versions coming out.

ane3ureb.jpg

zara3ede.jpg

arahedys.jpg

typy5ute.jpg

Again very comfortable, love the look and the HUGE battery (CR2032) as well as the alpha gel.

Honorable mention to the king. While discontinued, supply is still available though reducing.

3eza7a4u.jpg

ure5epu2.jpg

surarequ.jpg

y6amugyd.jpg

Took toughness to extreme levels. You'll commonly hear people say that G-shocks are much tougher than the arm they are attached to. I would argue this G is tougher than the vehicle or structure than most wearers are in! Comically extreme in every way and very comfortable. Love them and miss them. Hope Casio brings it back every once in a while like the 5500's.

sent with aloha

BACKBLAST72

Hi Chrisek,

You have an awesome collection. And the good taste in G's to go along with it. I also have a GX56-1ADR and would have to agree with you they are very eye cathy and iconic. I also hope Casio decides to bring them back even if its in a limited edition.

I have been loking at some of the new DW6900's and would also agree wirh you, they seem to have alot of style even for how simple and clean some of the models are. No wonder it is one of their longest running versions they have in their vast line of G's.

Thank you for sharing with us, and for your comments they are highly appreciated and respected.

Very Sincerely,
BACKBLAST72

BACKBLAST72

ron281969,
How old is this particular G-Shock ? 'Cause it looks pretty weathered. I am sure there's plenty of awesome stories behind it.

Very Sincerely,
BACKBLAST72

BACKBLAST72

Brother,
That is some good looking collection you have going there. I know what you mean with the attention to detail, Casio has done an outstanding job manufacturing these more than awesome time pieces.
That's why I absolutely love G-Shocks there's nothing like them.

Very Sincerely,
BACKBLAST72.