5600a /5600b

vade_R

sorry i didn't see this thread sooner. the few yellow resins for the dw-5600, are long discontinued.

your best bet is to keep the yellow resin, and later on find a cheap used gw-m5610 or gw-m5600 on ebay and replace the old black resin with your new yellow resin

Ninja

This is correct.

If U want a yellow square for now, just buy a gwm 5610.

i'm sorry guys, but a gw-m5600 square bezel will NOT fit a regular dw-5600 square. i know this for a fact

the band yes, but the bezel no, the buttons are way more spaced out on the atomic gw-m model

mpq

Although, for example, the DW-5000SL or GW-5000 are screw backs too, the bezel from the DW-5600C is different...

isn't it?

Sengyoku

AFAIK The DW-5600C has a vintage style bezel, it doesn't have any ridges on the bezel whereas the modern squares have an extruded ridge where the G-Shock and protection lettering are...that's the main visual difference. The 5000SL and GW-5000 are all 'modern squares'

I haven't tried to figure out the proportions myself but apparently the vintage bezels are different from the modern ones so therefore they are not compatible. Though I have heard of someone modifying a DW-5600E bezel to fit a vintage square...not sure how successful that was though...

Sent from the 'droid.

mpq

Thanks,

but I am not speaking from these extruded ridge.... this are good things for more protection....

I am saying that a DW-5000SL and others, has also a full metal case as the DW-5600C has.
And therefore I am asking if the bezels of these remakes (DW-5000SL/DW-5000ML.....) are the same as for the DW-5600C....

and if someone has tried to use a bezel from a remake/modern square DW-5000xxxx on a vintage DW-5600C?