Must havs 30th anni

Notfarout

Hi All.

What would you say would be the must have 30th Anni watches from Last year?

Do you wear your collectors watches?

Cheers

BACKBLAST72

Well for me it would have to be the 6900 and the 9300 Mudman both in the anniversary red edition. I know some were release in yellow, and some also in blue.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

Dude

To me, the yellow frogman. Lots of diving stuff are yellow, eg the yellow submarine... LOL...
I do like the red mudman as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gripmaster

DSC_6413-2-1000.jpg

LY Rangeman of course!

DSC_2416-2-1000.jpg

This one is on top of my "happy to have it" list, but one can't really consider it a "must-have" because it's too rare and expensive for that.. but if you can afford it and can get one - so worthwhile!

FN9G0631-2-1000.jpg

Same goes for the MTG, of course...

Do I wear them? Hell Yeah!

chrisek

Great topic, and one I wanted to answer. If I knock out the G's that 1,000 or less pieces were made, and also knock out the Frogs, and only include ones with 30th casebacks there were some very cool pieces of the 30th anniversary. There are also many "angles", depending on your own likes. The thing I love about G's is the diversity. Get the one you want and enjoy it. And I wear mine.

My #1. The GSET.

ahuba4e6.jpg

Ignore the G - Man in the recommendation. The watches rock.
ryvu3u7e.jpg

The DW-5030 on the left is the newest version of the Project Team Tough. Super clean, crisp, and just lovely. The "re-issue" of the PTT that comes out every 5 years.

On the right is the DW-5030d. The 1st PTT to come out with non-resin straps! 2nd square to come out like that. A lot of people just want one piece of the set or the other and sell the "other" one. The set was US$500+ until last month when they dropped to US$350+ for some reason. If can, can.

#2 on my list is the other Project Team Tough. DW-5030c.

u2edavym.jpg

Instead of DLC coating of the GW5000, this one is Ion Plated which is more matte than glossy. The rose gold/bronze touches are nice as well.

Not counting the original 10 PTT ' S, there have only been 3 re-issue since. This last year 3 more were released! From what I understand all 3 use the same steel case of the GW5000, which is one reason why supply of that watch ramped up. In short, if you are collecting, you should try to get one of these. You will not be disappointed. If you are curious about the GW-5000, but want to see what it wears like, try one of these.

#3. GA-110EH-8

bazazy4a.jpg

Eric Haze did the artwork for both the 25th anniversary and the 30th anniversary. This is his watch, and details abound. Just start with the Grey color, and look at it in the sun and see all the sparkle in it. Look at how black that negative display is! GA-110 ' s have never been recognized as tool watches, if you are not into them you can pass. If you like the way they look (they are still tough!) Then this one rocks. Interesting tidbit: the only cool non - metal strap keeper in the 30th anniversary. Think Eric wears G's and also doesn't like metal keepers?

The "angles". We all have our particular likes and not likes. There were a ton of watches and it could be tough to remember them all. And we were flooded with watches last year! So, "must have" if they are up your alley.

1. The Lightning Yellow Rangeman.

me3y5y9a.jpg

(Picture politely borrowed from Gripmaster).

GW-9430E-9. The Rangeman will be a historical watch. This yellow one is the first limited piece and arguably the best looking. If you are at all interested in one, get this one.

2. Fans of the current (pre-Rangeman) Master of G's.

a2yryham.jpg

That Riseman in the upper right. The GW-9230b. We didn't know it at the time, but that is the last Riseman. Japan only release.

Also note: the mudman, both this Initial Blue and the Rising Red have a lot of fans. Available worldwide so there is a non atomic version of each as well.

3. GDX6930E-9.

qesa7y9y.jpg

Another new model for Casio. If you like the oversize 6900's, you owe yourself this one as well. Love it! Playful, and clean.

4. GW5530c.

6a5urade.jpg

Stolen picture from another forum.

The 5500's had been out of production for a while and this one surprised everybody. It was the only atomic watch in the retro-wave Resist Black. It was also a Japan only release. Since this watch came out, Casio has released two 5510's in to regular production. Interesting note about this model: one of the few watches to receive universal praise of being comfortable.

There many other angles of the 30th. 6900's, atomic squares, etc. This list isn't complete, but I'm not sure it could be.

sent with aloha

Notfarout

Thanks for the responses.

I decided that the ones I wanted were
Dw-5030 30th anniversary
I have the Eminem ( i have opened it pu last nite to find a dent on the top of the box Grrrr)....does anyone know how many were made?
I mite look for the yellow riseman.
There is a Gw5530c for sale on a website that I look on.

its hard to know which ones as there were many released......we cannot own them all.

Laz304

I agree the yellow rangeman even though I havnt been able to get my hands on one yet. I did pick up the yellow frogman. Any one want to trade their rangeman