Bezel options for a 1987 G Shock DW5700 C. Please help!

rutteger

Administrator
Hey, glad you got it sorted. The Brazillian bezel looks great :)

For those averse to commercial sites I've taken the liberty of posting up an image of the finished item

662998d1332769234-bezel-options-1987-g-shock-dw5700-c-please-help-dsc02644.jpg

Boomslice

Nice, that did come out great. I'm on the fence still about getting a brazilian bezel, but those who have them seem to all agree it does the job, and at about half the cost of the going rate for a 5600C bezel, seems a much better alternative, I'll just order 2 or 3 to save on shipping a bit.

rutteger

Administrator
It does look good. How does the 'texture' compare with the straps? To be honest the latter DW-5600C replacement bezels from Casio had a slightly different texture to the originals and didn't fit quite as well (in my experience).

g_patkar

Well to be honest, there is a difference in the texture. The reason could also be due to the fact that the original strap is 25 years old and has smoothed out a bit over the years!

The earlier photos posted show the watch with a new bezel and new strap (Which is a non original, but a duplicate DW5700C replica band), both of which have the same color and 95% of the same texture (i.e. more plasticky than rubbery).

The watch does not look like the work of Dr. Frankenstein, except for the part where the case is slightly wider and raised near the strap. That too, you have to look for it to notice and would be impossible to tell on a moving wrist with daily use.

My advice is change the strap if you're changing the bezel. Just maintain the tang buckle (Mine is from a vintage DW 6900 - because I wanted the strap to be all black) and you should be just fine.

It does look good. How does the 'texture' compare with the straps? To be honest the latter DW-5600C replacement bezels from Casio had a slightly different texture to the originals and didn't fit quite as well (in my experience).