Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First post and first G Shock.

Here is my first G Shock, its a DW-6900 JAPAN DREAM AIR LIMITED EDITION. Looking forward to being skint buying loads more G Shocks..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0051.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	484Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0054.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0055.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	486

2. Advertisement Register to remove this advert

Hello, and welcome to the forum. That is a damn good find for a first G. The backlight on that is amazing. Did you source it from the UK?
    It's a G thing

Colabs

Dee & Ricky 2, In4mation (grey), Krink, Passerella Death Squad, WCCS, alife⚡, alife, Nigel Sylvester, The Hundreds, Maharishi, In4mation (white150), Dream Air, New Era, Eric Haze 30th, Burton, Wu Tang, CLOT, DGK2, BE@RBRICK, Nigel Sylvester 2, Geometric, 6900BS, Supra, Channel Island, BE@RBRICK 2, New Era 110

Got it from an guy on ebay from Japan, i think hes got other various rare G shocks for sale (bbtiesto). Ive been looking for a few weeks for my first G Shock, and i was wanting it to be a good find as u say, so this is what i came up with, happy days.

Great first G-Shock, somewhat more special than the norm Any idea as to who or what Japan Dream Air is / are?

Bbtiesto is a pretty big wheel when it comes to selling G-Shocks on the 'bay > http://stores.ebay.com/bbtiestogshockstore

Oh, welcome to the forum too

Gonna have a little surf tonight after work to see if i can find any info on the Dream Air, cheers. Buy the way, do people actually wear there rare G Shocks, or just keep them for display? Was wondering if i should just keep this one as new condition or just wear it????

Quote Originally Posted by snedanator View Post
    Gonna have a little surf tonight after work to see if i can find any info on the Dream Air, cheers. Buy the way, do people actually wear there rare G Shocks, or just keep them for display? Was wondering if i should just keep this one as new condition or just wear it????
    Good question! I'm not a big collector of Limited Editions / Collabs although I have a couple. I do wear them but not that often, certainly not as daily beaters. I'd say just wear it but not that much

The way I got into this was to buy an expensive (for me) GW-3000 as an alternative to my six quid market special. Given that my work often involves hammers or vibrating drills I felt it wasn't a good idea to wear the G-Shock on a daily basis - not for the fear of it not working but because I didn't want to scratch it/cover it in paint/drop it down a drain. So I also bought a G-500U for forty quid to wear as a daily. Then I saw all the other Casio watches on eBay ...

I now have three new watches and a fourth supposedly on the way which will be worn on non-work occasions and a range of pre-owned watches which will get used according to which one best matches my mood on waking. For an eyeful of the load of old tutt that I have collected I refer m'learned colleagues to the last two or three pages of the WRUW thread

I've seen a vid for it on you tube and the back lightvis awesome. Think it was by a guy who has posted on here. Gshockmike I think.
    It's a G thing

Colabs

Dee & Ricky 2, In4mation (grey), Krink, Passerella Death Squad, WCCS, alife⚡, alife, Nigel Sylvester, The Hundreds, Maharishi, In4mation (white150), Dream Air, New Era, Eric Haze 30th, Burton, Wu Tang, CLOT, DGK2, BE@RBRICK, Nigel Sylvester 2, Geometric, 6900BS, Supra, Channel Island, BE@RBRICK 2, New Era 110

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbly Tubs View Post
    I've seen a vid for it on you tube and the back lightvis awesome. Think it was by a guy who has posted on here. Gshockmike I think.
    The backlight does indeed rule! The you tube vid is one of Gshockmike's indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by rutteger View Post
    Great first G-Shock, somewhat more special than the norm Any idea as to who or what Japan Dream Air is / are?

Bbtiesto is a pretty big wheel when it comes to selling G-Shocks on the 'bay > http://stores.ebay.com/bbtiestogshockstore

Oh, welcome to the forum too
    Just found out what the DreamAir is, http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.dreamair.jp/&ei=GxWDTtPkFOO10QXCsdXXAQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=re sult&resnum=1&ved=0CCMQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwww.dreamair.jp%26hl%3Den%26client%3D firefox-a%26hs%3Dq3E%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USfficial%26channel%3Dnp%26prmd%3Dimvns something to do with aerial photography flights service