GPW-1000 - Whoa!!!!!

JTPhoto

This is a great watch for travellers as the GPS will also auto adjust when traveling through different times zones. $1000 is not bad compared to the $2700 for the Seiko.

chrisek

Bringing up some more information on this timepiece. Forgot where I pulled these pieces.

vusaba5u.jpg

yharu4yh.jpg

rysavu4a.jpg

8ama4u6y.jpg

And Starscream found a couple of upcoming colorways.

da2e9e4u.jpg

6ajy8etu.jpg

bepyqasu.jpg

sent with aloha

BACKBLAST72

Looks like another solid rendition from the Aviator line of watches; or maybe they decide to release it as a different family of watches. we are more than likely looking at the next standard of atomic time keeping. Think of the possibilities behind this technology. I know Uncle Sam uses something similar for target acquisition and long range engagement.

JTPhoto

Its been around for a bit.. Retails for around $1000USD. The GPS works with the Atomic clock to keep accurate time. Designed for those areas were the atomic signal is not accessible... I believe it consumes too much power to be Tough Solar..

JTPhoto

Hmm interesting.. It doesn't say Multi Band 6 on it either but it is according to this release from Casio..

G-SHOCK GPW-1000, the world’s first watch that receives both GPS and Radio Wave signals

CASIO G-SHOCK GPW-1000 is equipped with a low-power consumption, high-performance GPS LSI manufactured by Sony Corporation, which both companies collaborated on to customize for wristwatches. This enables the watch to achieve world-leading low power consumption. By combining Multi-Band 6 technology for receiving Radio Wave signals transmitted from six stations around the world with the GPS receiving function in a hybrid system, this new G-SHOCK can maintain accurate time more easily than ever before. The watch automatically receives standard time-calibration radio waves where available. When they are not available, the watch automatically receives GPS signals and adjusts the time, enabling the wearer to view the correct time at the current location.