Camouflage Models

BACKBLAST72

Of the line up for 2014 which model of camouflage G-Shock is your favorite and why? And what additional functions would you have liked these classic time pieces to have?

Here is a picture of the very well known and recognized GD-120MC'S
GD-120 MC.jpg

1356669d1390541711-2014-catalog-feb-march-clement-wong-scans-1526851_687005341341979_1849164352_.jpg

The GD-X6900MC'S
gdx6900cmtrendshops.jpg

Casio-G-Shock-GDX-6900CM-photo-1.jpg

saru7

i got all 3 gd120s, the green with the positive display was an instant winner, never really liked the red, grey was a close second but i was thinking of getting the grey in the gdx but after getting them, the grey really caught my eye along with the RED! its really not as bright or in your face as most photos but still gets plenty of sideways glances. the green turned out to be "plain" in comparison lol
im still thinking about the gdxs but i think thats enough camo to last me awhile!

as for functions, they are what they are due to the models theyre based on. any more functions they wouldve had to use a diff. model (and charged more). i really thought they wouldve dropped a camo rangeman tho, with its popularity and outdoorsy target market.
personally i think theyre fine with what they have.

ps. you forgot the ga's ;)
GA-100CF-1A9ER.jpg

chrisek

And the Maharishi.

da5erame.jpg

a8ehybyt.jpg

Still waiting to get them all together, been waiting 6 months for this wave and excited about finally having them.

As a basic watch, I genuinely enjoy the the gdx 6900. With the bigger battery, alpha gel, and very comfortable on my wrist, this is easily a 10 year watch.

sent with aloha

BACKBLAST72

Good Morning saru7,

I have only seen pictures and videos of the GD 120CM'S. I've looked all over here in San Diego for them and you just can't find them in stock. If a store gets them they just fly off the shelf's as quick as they put them out. They have become very popular here in San Diego due to being a big military town, nothing around here with a camouflage pattern last to long; these watches are no exception and I have seen them on a lot of service members.

I have the desert sand GDX6900 and I must admit Casio did a very NICE job with these pieces. I have seen the gray model the military considers that version as "Urban Camouflage" pattern. I spoke to my friend who runs the supply department for my old unit and they have order the Desert GDX6900 and the Forest Green GD120CM. Both models blend very nicely with the type of uniforms the boys are wearing down range.

I had not seen the GA 100's in camouflage pattern. To bad they only used the pattern on the display and not the entire watch; that combination would have been pretty cool.

I would have to agree with Chris on the simplicity but yet dependability of the ever classic 6900 model. I believe that's why Casio picked that platform after all its been the one to have more versions and variations than any other model of G-Shock in the market today. I wonder how many different variations of the 6900 exist, for I have seen several different versions of it through the years. If they make the GW-9400 in camouflage pattern like the 6900's I believe the sales for it would increase tremendously.

BACKBLAST72

Good Morning Chris,

I would have to agree with you about the dependability and reliability of the 6900 model G-Shock. I think Casio knew exactly what it was doing when it selected the ever legendary and very popular model for their new line of camouflage pattern watches. Like I was telling saru7 anything camouflage here in San Diego just fly's off the shelf's. I like the size and feel of the GDX6900 compare to the regular 6900, that 10% increase in size and functions really make a difference and the watch has a very comfortable fit and feel on the wrist let alone a nice presence to.

The new Maharishi looks pretty awesome that camouflage patter is very unique and its going to be a smash hit for sure. Do you have any idea when this model is supposed to be released in the U.S.?
You will probably see it first before the main land; or maybe they will have a complete release throughout the continental United States that would be cool. Do you know the price range for this model? I will have to guess maybe $250.00 at a minimum.

trd2970

I got the chance to pick up a piece of Maharishi, but it's been almost a year after initial launch. Just wondering if it's still hot and worth collecting. The regular 6900 & GD120 camos are in stock everywhere else already.

Knives & Lint

In my opinion the Maharishi is a great piece and definitely worth collecting. I don't wear mine too often, but I still enjoy it when I do. I intended to pick up the matching T-Shirt but never got around to it. I say if you like the look and the price is right for you, then go for it.

To answer BACKBLAST's original question for this thread. As for my favorite Camo G. Definitely the Martian red, the only G I own duplicates of.

Though I must admit the Urban camo is close behind.