WRUW on Good Friday 2014

chrisek

@Chin: I love that you wear your Ruby and that you play with the resin!

@Simonal: just fantastic. What a great box to get! I would love to have either, much less both! Enjoy!

Wearing a little Lightning Yellow today.

nydysa2u.jpg

Hope everyone has a great Easter Weekend.

sent with aloha

Sengyoku

@Simon, come on, you're "BS-ing" us now, another rare frog in the bag! you're well on your way to being the 1000 series froggy sage :)

@Chris, thanks for the compliment! There's two main reasons i love playing around with 1000 series frog resins... the resin parts on the 1000 series are actually very easy to assemble and disassemble, no really fiddly bits, no springbars, all you really need is a JIS (a Philips would do too) #00 size screwdriver and everything is easy as pie... :)

The other reason is that it is a helluva lot cheaper to mod resin to achieve a new look than to buy another 1000 series frog heh... what helps is that many of the colour schemes feature common colours on the 1000 series :)

May can i ask Mister chin wich model or what mod you did on yours?

You may indeed! I'll answer your question with pleasure, Michel;

My frog is a GWF-T1000BS-1JR, also known as the ruby (Basel) frog, it's basically the same frog as Simon's newest, except it's got a DLC'd Ti case instead of the SS, i like to call it the prototype :)

Here's a shot of it in original form and also one of the caseback, quite possibly the nicest caseback in G shock history!

9aga2yba.jpg

nudadapy.jpg

Mine is currently modded to mimic the very majestic rising red atomic frog look, using the same GWF-T1030A bezel top with a black underside, and the burning red 1000RD band. My little bit of artistic license was basically fashioning the rubies and red instead of the yellow/gold accents on the 1030A. Like i mentioned, the colours just go extrordinarily well together IMO.

ps90s

They are great watches. I bought the green one then this one the next day. They feel better on my wrist than the Mudman and as you can see I have a small wrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakar

They seem the right price at the moment so I feel a green one coming my way soon :D

All the way from the sunny UK