Problem with Rangeman GW-9400-1 Atomic Clock set.

johnshockton

I am having a problem getting my range man to do a manual sync, I have the watch set to NYC. The watch acts as if it were set to an unacceptable time zone, nothing happens no signals strength or err message. Are there any other settings on the watch that won't allow the watch to go through a manual sync? Thanks for the read any suggestions are appreciated.

OTTDAVE

If your barometric pressure change indicator is turned on, the manual receive will not work.
I had exactly the same problem. Even Casio service said I needed a new module.
Hope this helps.

hi all. i have a similar problem guys

I seemingly have a problem with my gwg 1000-1A3. In the signal receiving mode I can't get the watch to start receiving in the manual mode. Nor I can set the auto receive mode on. (it is always off and crown movement does not toggle on/off modes. it stays off) The LCD screen gives me a date and time of last signal receipt though. I suspect this was the received signal at the factory before the watches are shipped. Geographically I am in Istanbul and my time zone is set for Jeddah as they are both GMT +3. Is there anyone that can diagnose this?

BACKBLAST72

Mudmaster

Hello Mr. Hyde,

It sounds to me like your Mudmaster might have been magnetized by a strong electromagnetic signal; which could have been caused by several circumstances / items found within your house.
This would cause the calibration signal to not come on or malfunction overall. You can check the alignment of the hands vs. the display on the digital display and see if these two match. Meaning if your analog hands display a time of 14:00 and 15 seconds the same exact readout should be mimic by your digital display on the watch. If they do not match then you have to perform what the manual refers to as: "Hand Home Position Adjustment," found on page E39 in the manual which came with the Mudmaster.

This should readjust your analog / digital display and will tell the module that everything is functioning properly and the watch is ready to perform all of the functions which is programmed to do. However, you also have to keep in mind that the signal calibration can be and will be affected by exterior obstacles such as buildings, electronic equipment like computers, televisions, tables, and even cell phones; also, you have to take account or consider your overall geographical location in relation to the calibration towers found around the world. The closets one to your location would be the one found in Mainflingen Germany which only covers at its farthest range the island of Sicily. Way above your location and thus, the Mudmaster would NEVER calibrate to begin with.

Hello BackBlast72
thanks for the replies. the watch is brand new I guess magnetization is a less probability. (and baro indicator is not on.) The auto function blips OFF only and crown movement doesn't change it to ON so this is probably a location thing. You are right about the Mainflingen signal coverage, but at least wouldn't the manual receive mode work and give an ERR message? That is not happening either. This is such a turn off.