Problem with Rangeman GW-9400-1 Atomic Clock set.

eatkins

Just got my G-Shock Rangeman today. I live in the Atlanta area so I set the watch for New York. Did a manual set for the atomic clock and it did not Sync.
It shows that it last sync on 2-5 at 8:31 hrs. When doing the manual set I had L2 and L3 for signal. But it still did not sync. Not sure why it will not take
receive the time signal or not set the watch. Anyone have an idea what I might be doing wrong?
I love the watch it is my 2nd G-Shock the last one 20 years ago and I could not for the life of me tell you which model :D

Ralph

BACKBLAST72

Good morning Ralph,

When you set the watch to sink I have learned that my watchets which are Atomic will ALWAYS synchronize if I place the watch at an orientation of 45 degrees facing the direction towards Ft. Collins. I live in San Diego so all my watchets are oriented towards the East. For you it should be the opposite since your in Atlanta. Also try to do it early in the morning or late at night; this way you won't get as much interference from other radio signals.

Another thing I've noticed make sure your battery charge on the watch is on high, otherwise the synchronization won't calibrate the watch. The Rangeman is a Solar power watch make sure to charge it first.

Hope these little tips help you out if not let me know and will try something different.
Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

BACKBLAST72

Good to go man. Glad we could help. Chris is really knowledgeable and helpfull. You'll find everyone here is just awesome and always willing to help a fellow G-Shocker.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

cchebbi

rangeman problems

I just bought a rangeman and I have had it for 3 days and the barometer display on both the main timekeeping screen and the baro screen has stopped working. I am speaking of the little graph in the top section of the watch. it just has 2 dots on the right side of the top screen. just wondering if anyone has a suggestion and/or fix?

BACKBLAST72

Good evening chebbi,

Well you could try to reset the module on it. You have to press the adjust button first and keep pressure on it, then simultaneously you have to press the reverse and mode buttons; this should put the module in reset mode. Leave it there for like ten to twelve seconds and then press the mode button once again. I had to do this on mine and since then its work like a champ.

Another issue could be your initial set up of the watch. Your barometric pressure will go of your latitude and longitude readings; so you have to make sure these setting are correct. Check it to make sure you have the proper coordinates for your location. (You can check on the internet) and then allow the watch to self-calibrate at night. Ensure to point the watch out a window in a 45 degree orientation towards Fort Collins from your position. I am west of Ft. Collins so for me my Atomic watches are oriented 45 degrees due East; this way my watches can self-calibrate with no issues at night.

Please let me know if this information helps you out.

Sincerely,
BB72.

cchebbi

I attempted to reset but it goes to a slr screen what do i do from therethe mode button dosent do anything