What tools have you bought...?

Matt_C

a4ahyden.jpg

Just spent the afternoon fitting out some NATO straps, adjusting the links in a couple of metal bands, and a battery change. I thought it might be interesting to ask you all:

"What tools have you bought?"

I've invested probably no more than £40 in 'watch tools' over the years (a ridiculously cheap amount given the cost of tools for my other hobby, 'car mechanics') which equates to probably no more than the cost of half a dozen 'professional' battery-changes!!

I can see this becoming an addictive hobby, not because Im a collector, but because I love to repair and restore what other people consider 'worthless'. I literally picking up these 'G's for pennies, and rarely are they beyond an 'easy repair'.

The irony is that they are such reliable watches, they very rarely need working on!

What tools can't you "do without"? What hints and tips do you have for makeshift tools?

Loco_Tico

Matt
Nice kit!
Can you recommend a starter tool set. I need to change straps on 2 Gshocks.

Thx jn advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt_C

eBay does some really cheap kits for between £5 and £10.

I supplemented mine with a GOOD set of jewellers screwdrivers for an additional £12. The jewellers-vice was £17 from eBay, and the other parts picked up here and there....

iseovodoia

Thanks Matt Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hạnh phúc ở trong tâm ta. Nghĩ là hạnh phúc thì sẽ cảm thấy hạnh phúc, nghĩ là đau khổ thì sẽ cảm thấy đau khổ. Hạnh phúc là mua đồng hồ nữ ở đâu biết đủ, biết hài lòng với những gì mình có. Hay nói đúng hơn hạnh phúc là biết mình thực sự cần cái gì và có được cái mình cần.

iseovodoia

Thanks Matt Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Điều gì xảy ra khi một bông hoa nở trong rừng sâu mà chẳng ai ca ngợi nó, chẳng ai biết tới hương thơm của nó, chẳng ai đi ngang qua và nói "Đẹp đấy!", chẳng ai thưởng thức cái đẹp của nó, niềm vui của nó - chẳng ai đồng hồ tự động chia sẻ. Điều gì xảy ra cho bông hoa này? Nó có chết không? Nó có đau khổ không? Nó có trở nên hoang mang sợ hãi không? Nó có tự tử không?