Need help with making my first Gshock purchase

shockinvegas

Hey everyone, new here and I know I am probably posting in the wrong place but I need some help. I am torn between the GD-X6900-1CR and the GDX6900FB-8B. I really like the black look and I am not to fond of the white lettering in the 1CR model. But I am not particularly fond of the clear "jelly" type straps on the 8B model. I have chosen the GDX6900 because people have told me it's the biggest gshock being made. Question is, if I get the 8B model and I hate the band, is there a way to but gloss black replacement bands for it? And if anyone has a link for it, I would really appreciate it. Also, if anyone has a better suggestion for a nice black, stealthy looking watch, please let me know.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

lambert.ison

ybu5y6ag.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sengyoku

Hey everyone, new here and I know I am probably posting in the wrong place but I need some help. I am torn between the GD-X6900-1CR and the GDX6900FB-8B. I really like the black look and I am not to fond of the white lettering in the 1CR model. But I am not particularly fond of the clear "jelly" type straps on the 8B model. I have chosen the GDX6900 because people have told me it's the biggest gshock being made. Question is, if I get the 8B model and I hate the band, is there a way to but gloss black replacement bands for it? And if anyone has a link for it, I would really appreciate it. Also, if anyone has a better suggestion for a nice black, stealthy looking watch, please let me know.

I think the best solution, as Chris said, is a bit of quick modding... get the FB-8B watch then get a set of the matte black resin from the -1 model, (just so you know, any X6900 resin should fit any model of X6900 models inc. The bluetooth modrls AFAIK) the white letters can be painted over reasonably easily with enamel paints like nail polish paints for example.

once you've done the resin swap, which is very easy, you should be close to that stealthed blacked out look with a negative display you want :)

Sent from the 'droid.

shockinvegas

The answer is yes. And the cheapest place to get them is so-cal. Www.pacparts.com. check them out. Ignore the "cr" part of the model # as it has nothing to do with the watch. Hit the search by model button and type gd-x6900. You will see choices and prices. ;-)

sent with aloha

Thanks for the link. But when i searched only one of the black watches had a resin band option that was out of stock and cost $66 lol. The whole watch is on ebay for $80. I might as well just buy both lol

chrisek

Thanks for the link. But when i searched only one of the black watches had a resin band option that was out of stock and cost $66 lol. The whole watch is on ebay for $80. I might as well just buy both lol

Ok, that is weird, the only resin showing available at pacparts is for the Eminem!!! That is why the prices are high.

sent with aloha

shockinvegas

I think I am gonna go with that watch but read somewhere about stealthing a bezel? Like removing the white and orange lettering from the bezel. Can't find how to do it now lol. I wonder if it is that hard to do