Expert advice needed on outer shell and straps.

deathw15h

Hey all,

As i have just signed up here this is my first post, and a slightly distressed one at that.

I plan to buy the GA-110B-1A3, but want to change the outer shell and straps to a less shiny matte black. my question is that are the Shell casings and straps of the GA-110B-1A3 and the GA-100-1A1 interchangable?
To make it simpler, i want to buy this http://www.casio-intl.com/in/en/wat/watch_detail/GA-110B-1A3/ model, but since the shell and straps have a shiny coat (which makes it look a bit toyish IMO) I wish to change them with the shell and straps of this http://www.casio-intl.com/in/en/wat/watch_detail/GA-100-1A1/ model.

Now put side by side the two shells look exactly the same on the outside but since the first one comes with a 5146 module and the second one comes with a 5081 module, i want to be sure if they are the same shape and size internally thus enabling me to go in for a replacement as i desire.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks in advance.

Sengyoku

Hey there...er Death-wish, (a gamer tag maybe lol) welcome to the zone!

AFAIK, all the XL G shock models you mentioned i.e. GA-110 & GA-100, use the same size and style bezels and bands, so they are all interchangeable. Resin swaps are pretty easy too, you should be able to mod without issues.

Maybe our fellow member race can show you some of his XL mods here, I know he's done a few :)

deathw15h

Thanks Sengyoku,

Yes it is my gamer tag :p using the same to avoid having multiple login handles for multiple forums :)

If what you are saying is true, i thank you a heap for the information. Interestingly enough I had asked casio customer care the same question, and they dont seem to think its possible..

"QUOTE"
Dear Customer,

Thank you for sending us your email.

We would like to inform you that it is not possible to replace the case and band of GA-110B with GA-100.

Sorry for not being able to assist you in this matter.

Warm regards,

"UNQUOTE"

Think ill have to research on this a bit more. Will also try to get in touch with race. Thanks mate. So there still is a ray of hope for me.

"

Hey there...er Death-wish, (a gamer tag maybe lol) welcome to the zone!

AFAIK, all the XL G shock models you mentioned i.e. GA-110 & GA-100, use the same size and style bezels and bands, so they are all interchangeable. Resin swaps are pretty easy too, you should be able to mod without issues.

Maybe our fellow member race can show you some of his XL mods here, I know he's done a few :)

vade_R

i've seen race and on WUS interchange many XL's, gd-120 and ga-110, so i wouldn't worry.......almost 100% sure ga100, ga110, gd120 etc... are all interchangeable