Hey just got a gw7900b-1 questions and discussion

Nelska

hey, I just recieved my gw7900b-1 in the mail and am very happy with it. The atomic solar feature is what sold me on the watch but also the tide and moon phase display. I have a simple question about it tho. If you set your watch to NYC for example does the moon tide settings autoset?

It seem's to be exact when I look up the phases/tides. My question is based on the fact that although it does seem to be programmed by the timezone there's also 2 ways to customize tide and one way to customize moon phase that I don't quite understand. Does anyone have experience with this watch or have any idea as to why I would need to use the tide customization features/moon customization feature. (I do live in north east ohio, if that make's any difference.)

Nelska

I'm also a bit confused about the rc indicator, currently I have all bars, does it work simliar to cellphone reception or does it only have reception when its scanning. period.

Nelska

Also, my watch beeped (the hourly chime) randomly today, 2-3 minutes before the hour, then again on the hour. Not sure what that was about. The manual says somewhere it might make noises randomly every now and then.

BACKBLAST72

Good evening Nelska,
I have 2 7900 models and when the watch is auto-calibrating at midnight it may beep from time to time; that's completely normal. Due to keeping track of moon and tide phases you must ensure to input the correct Longitude and Latiude degrees into the watch. It is the only way the watch can auto calibrate correctly after the initial set up. You should be able to access this feature when adjusting your home city time zone setting. After you set the watch it should be dead accurate. I have the 7900-1A and the 7900KG-3 and after setting the initial procedure of the tide and moon they have worked perfectly fine with no glitches. Hopefully this info would help you out. Let me know what happens.
Sincerely,
BB72.

Nelska

btw, anyone from ohio use a gshock with a barometer? lol. I'm considering it if it actually fluctuates enough to notice anything. Just wondering.. lol

BACKBLAST72

Hi Nelska,

I have a couple of watches with a barometer and they are pretty accurate. The trick is to calibrate the watch to the correct Longitude and latitude for your respective location. What model watch are you looking at? there is a couple of G-Shocks which come with a barometer. I only have one which is the GW-9400-1 Rangeman the rest of the watches I have with one are either Protrek's or Pathfinder's.

Sincerely,
BB72.