Why only 23 minutes and 59 seconds on new Analog G-Shock

vs6xfx

I am a newbie and have question why Casio nowadays produce G-Shock with only 23 minutes 59 seconds stop watch especially with the GPW-1000.

Personally, I regret a lot after having the MTG-1100 because this only came with 23 minutes 59 seconds stop watch and I don't know what is this for and why Casio make such a watch.

Below are what I own and they all came with very good chronograph.

GS-1300M
GW-2000BD
MTG-1500
OCW-T400
OCW-600TDJ

Hope someone could answer my question.

mitadoc

Because they use the 24h hand. When you start the stop watch, this hand becomes a 24 minute counter. The same is with the count down feature.

vade_R

Dude relax, most people here have more than one G shock, if you need a better STW, then grab a digital G-shock,

I have many analog watches that don't have stop watches, should I sell those off cause thy don't have a STW. Everybody has different reasons to owning a Gshock.

If your buying a GPS G, your probably buying it for the ability to sync your watch were there are no radio towers, not because you care about how many minutes you can time on your watch

vs6xfx

That's the reason I regretted to have the MTG-1100, other than this, I love the range I have.

GPS G suppose for travelers and Casio should take out the STW rather than put in a useless STW, or they should built all digital to retain the most feature a G watch should have.
Sent from my RM-938_lta_lta_905 using Tapatalk

Sengyoku

If you want the enhanced features like longer stw and cdt, then all digital is definitely the way to go like Vade_R says. I use stw, world time and cdt regularly, so I'd wear a digi most of the time, as they are way easier, faster and more efficient to use compared to *any* analogue. But the ana Gs are still great for general timekeeping...

I personally think the main attraction of modern analogue Gs is its toughness and 'abusability' that you just wouldn't be able to get away with other analogue watches... also solar atomic features are perfect for analogues, finally self correcting 'tough movement' and the extra 'triple G resist' mag/centrifugal force resistance in the high end models just make it an even tougher and a super low maintenance timepiece...

If you must have hands, the compromise would be an ana-digi, you have to remember the new GPW-1000 GPS watch is the first of its kind for Gs... there will quite possibly be more GPS models coming out soon, including an ana-digI model :)

vs6xfx

Thanks for very thorough explanation and will wait for something similar to the MTG-1500 or OCW-T400 to come out. Thanks again.
Sent from my RM-938_lta_lta_905 using Tapatalk