Polarised film for neg display.

Dakar

Hi All, just wondering where I can get some polarised film here in the UK?
Only need enough for one conversion so even if someone has a snippet I can buy off them?:rolleyes:
Cheers

Dakar

Answering my own question here, but it may be of interest to others so here goes.
Just put polarised film as a search on fleabay and it turns out that some Samsung phones have the very stuff on the display and it's self adhesive and cheap. Got some ordered, let's see what happens

ron281969

it should work cause after i saw neg film on ebay and it was use on 5600e but then i wonder about 491 module and that one did'nt show anything on module so then i put film on top of module and it came alive so it's on ww-5300 watch.

Dakar

it should work cause after i saw neg film on ebay and it was use on 5600e but then i wonder about 491 module and that one did'nt show anything on module so then i put film on top of module and it came alive so it's on ww-5300 watch.
Nice one, Cheers Ron...only one way to find out for sure now :p

Sengyoku

Omg! Ron has spoken! :) (just poking fun Ron!)

I was also gonna suggest fleabay or amazon.

Good luck with the mod Dakar, let us know how that samsung polarising film does.

I haven't reverse lcd modded before but I heard you have to be careful getting all the adhesive residue from the old polarising film you take off before you put the new one on... look forward to your mod :)

Dakar

Will post pictures Sengyoku as long as its not a scary mess :D
Omg! Ron has spoken! :) (just poking fun Ron!)

I was also gonna suggest fleabay or amazon.

Good luck with the mod Dakar, let us know how that samsung polarising film does.

I haven't reverse lcd modded before but I heard you have to be careful getting all the adhesive residue from the old polarising film you take off before you put the new one on... look forward to your mod :)

Dakar

Hi all, I love buying cheap watches! This is my first attempt with this polarising film (the size of a smartphone for less than £3 including p+p) it seems pretty dark but to be fair a silly cheap hard to read display under low light anyway.
mu8yreru.jpg