What aRe yoU Wearing (WRUW!) 5th Sept -> 11th Sept

macspite

Thought I might start off this week's WRUW as I went into work today and collected an accumulation of packages, got home and postie has left a "while you were out" for another 2. A couple need batteries and not all packages are G-Shock.

Wearing a G-500U so as to be able to set the time of any watch that I come across. Very satisfying when working on railway stations to be able to check that their systems are properly synced to the atomic clock too.

The watch that needed comparison today was this:

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

DW-003C-8T Clubbers Edition / Tough Label.

Even though it was bought off eBay at a hideously inflated price from some chancer who thought wrapping in bubble wrap and sending out immediately the auction finished in a decent jiffy bag would get him good feedback :) I am very happy with the beast. Nice summery watch with the light woven strap. Wore it for the photo, admired by my colleague who has a watch collection himself and then took it off. It seems slightly silly to worry about one of the toughest watches in the world but I don't want to damage it!

rutteger

Administrator
DW-003C-8T Clubbers Edition / Tough Label.

Even though it was bought off eBay at a hideously inflated price from some chancer who thought wrapping in bubble wrap and sending out immediately the auction finished in a decent jiffy bag would get him good feedback :) I am very happy with the beast. Nice summery watch with the light woven strap. Wore it for the photo, admired by my colleague who has a watch collection himself and then took it off. It seems slightly silly to worry about one of the toughest watches in the world but I don't want to damage it!

Nice, but you do get some real bandits on ebay ;)
IMG_20110906_172038.jpg
Gone for the G-9000 Mudman in olive for the last few days. Hardly worn it in the 2 or 3 years I've had it, starting to grow on me now...

macspite

Strangely enough I have a similar olive green muddy which tends to stay in its tin. Must give it an airing. But this is my plaything for today, bought from a not particularly good photo on eBay:

Capture.JPG

And this is what I ended up with:

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

Even though it is promoting a brand of mentholated cancer sticks I am very taken with it

IMG_0700.jpg

Biggest surprise came when checking out all the functions:

IMG_0708.jpg

How Kool is that!

DW-002 - if anyone can supply a full model number I would be very grateful

rutteger

Administrator
Nice DW-002, recall seeing the auction for that. A quick google didn't show up a model number, be interested to know what it is if and when you find out. Reckon that'd be quite collectable!

macspite

Tried searching myself using KOOL and G-Shock as terms. Not much joy. Do the specials like the KOOL DW-002 and the Williams F1 DW-6600 that I have acquired have specific Casio model numbers? (The DW-6600 is in an unmarked Casio black "nut and bolt" container with an equally plain outer box)

Anyroadup, to today's WRUW, from eBay yet again, well described this time and needing battery replacement. I get the impression that these are one of the iconic G-Shocks that are in every collection, what are the others that should be added?

IMG_0756.jpg

Even though I am wearing it on my right wrist the sensor housing hasn't caused me any problems, there is hope for a Froggie yet!

rutteger

Administrator
Nice Riseman! How's the strap, found mine quite comfy but somewhat prone to wear. As for other suggestions seeing as you're on a retro mission how about the DW-8400 Mudman as a starter? Plenty of other suggestions but know you prefer the round to square style ;)

Not sure if all models have a unique model number. Know some of the DW-5600 limited editions have a VT suffix.

macspite

The strap has a "pre-owned" look to it but not excessively so, in keeping with the rest of the watch. Not sure about the DW-8400, the right hand hexagonal window makes it look a little odd - though if there were one at a reasonable price I could be tempted.

I am also taken with the DW-00x series, would like a decent DW-001. And as I live by the sea then a Gulfman. And a Frogman ...

Would be good to have consistent employment too, it has been far too quiet recently though things are supposed to be getting back to normal by the end of the month. Hence, as a watch collecting contractor, I literally have too much time on my hands.

Still got a couple of battery changed eBay purchase to post up here ...

And regarding the square style - I wouldn't say no to a GW-M5600BC-1ER if anyone out there wants to donate one!

macspite

Another eBay purchase. Slightly used - the watch was worn by a member of the Israeli Defence Force so it fits well with my military collection ( to see what we get up to http://www.solentoverlord.co.uk/blog ) Takes quite a small battery, a CR1616 rather than the more normal CR2016. Has a 25 record x 20 character data bank as well as normal functions.

IMG_0774.jpg

G-2500-3V

rutteger

Administrator
The DW-8400 is chunky, like the style, will have to pick up another one day.

Like the G-2500, looks very military and nicely pre-owned. My first ever G was a G-2500 except it came on a fabric strap. might try and find a resin strap and get it out again.