Gulfmaster question

brvheart

Calling all Gulf operators...

Is the baro dial on the face a live view of barometer? As in the arrow goes down as the pressure goes down? If so do you have to choose that mode for it to work? Looks like that might be the case as it is a tide chart also.

I am going to see if I can find one local tomorrow...if I do I bet it comes home with me...

Knives & Lint

I'm just now getting a chance to really get into all the features of this watch, but I'll answer as best I can until someone with more knowledge can chime in. The dial on the face measures barometric pressure change. The straight down/up arrows indicate a sudden fall/rise in pressure, while the curved arrows indicate sustained fall/rise in pressure. Whereas if there is no change in pressure the hand in the small dial points to 6 o'clock. I hope I explained that well, keep in mind that I am fairly new to ABC watches in general.

And yes, The small dial must be toggled between the tide indicator and barometric pressure change. However, the barometric pressure as well as a graph can be displayed in the digital readout independent of this function. Again, I am no expert.

As far as the watch in general, if you have a mind to get one and can try it on in person, my bet would be that it does come home with you. I was unaware of the significance of the lug/strap design on this watch until I saw it in person. It truly hugs my wrist better than any G that I own, and that's not something I would just throw out there or say lightly.