Need help choosing a watch

LaZ0R

Hello All, I'm new to the watch scene and would appreciate some experienced advice on choosing a new G-Shock. So I'm leaving soon to begin basic training and need something rugged that I won't need to worry about breaking or getting dirty. Something with a decent look is always nice. Also, I would prefer analog time rather than digital, but I would consider either. Lastly, 60$ Or less would be preferable. Thanks for the help!

Knives & Lint

I'm not the most knowledgeable of the members around here but I'll help as much as I can. Unfortunately, I do not know of many analog G shocks that are within that price range. The only one that comes to mind is the GA100-1a1 (can be found for around $80-90), but I have no experience with this model. My suggestion for your needs would be the classic DW-6900, although it is digital. However, It is tough as nails, quite functional, and can be had under the $50 range. I do not know this for myself, but I have heard that this model has been a favorite amongst military/LE for some time due to its rugged simplicity, and you could be assured with this one that you could put it through its paces with no worries. Hope this helps.

Sengyoku

Agreed with K&L, for your around price point, the cheapest analogue options you'll find are the GAC-100 models or maybe the older G-100 which is ana-digi. The nicer, upmarket aviator analogues are all way beyond that price...

But also gotta agree with the iconic dw-6900. Popular choice and great value for money. The basic and humble digital square dw-5600 is also a good option, has larger digits and a less cluttered display, however the 6900 has the very convenient 5th light button, which can be pressed with gloves on :)