What aRe yoU Wearing (WRUW!) 12th Sept -> 18th Sept

I've been playing on eBay again.

I won this on Sunday night and got it at 10:00 Tuesday morning. The listing photos and description were clear enough to make a buying decision. Postage was three quid which meant the seller (ebozico - 100% feedback on 1599 transactions) charged me 25 pence for bubble wrap, tape, crumpled newspaper, a cardboard box, parcel tape and going to the post office. Rampant profiteeing!

It came with a replacement, non-original strap which I replaced with another non-original but slightly better matching velcro strap I had got a few weeks eariler. And this is the result:

From
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0806.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	559

To

Name:	IMG_0810.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	560

DW-9005V

Name:	IMG_0818.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	561

One feature I am going to have to try is the alarm which can be set to the usual daily alarm or to sound on a specified day every month - ideal for alerting me to a monthly payment date for instance (assuming no calendar, computer or mobile phone set to do the same thing and that I am wearing this watch on the specific day!)
    Last edited by macspite; 2011-09-13 at 16:09.

2. Advertisement Register to remove this advert

My G-Shock

Name:	G-shock.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	562

Interesting - especially as another member is enquiring about readability of the negative face GD-100 although specifically the GD-100 -MS-3

As you live in Florida I guess you aren't too familiar with dull English days making it difficult to read negative faces but it bugs me. I like the look but not the functionality

Did you wait until 14:44.44 to take the picture or did you cheat and keep resetting the watch until you caught the right moment? Maybe we should all take pictures of our watches showing 10:58.50 on Sunday 30th of June ...

Quote Originally Posted by macspite View Post
    Interesting - especially as another member is enquiring about readability of the negative face GD-100 although specifically the GD-100 -MS-3

As you live in Florida I guess you aren't too familiar with dull English days making it difficult to read negative faces but it bugs me. I like the look but not the functionality

Did you wait until 14:44.44 to take the picture or did you cheat and keep resetting the watch until you caught the right moment? Maybe we should all take pictures of our watches showing 10:58.50 on Sunday 30th of June ...
    Funny, I use to live in North Yorkshire so I agree with you about dull English days... As far as the 14:44:44, it was pure luck. I was trying to press the light button and then take the photo and it just happened to be that time. I couldn't have timed it even if I had tried to on purpose. LOL

Have to make do with only one watch this week, the rest are in storage.

Went for the Men in Navy & Khaki Gulfman

Name:	IMG_20110914_212016.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	564

Another eBay purchase, this time from Germany. 4 working days to arrive, very well packed in a substantial cardboard box with crumpled newspaper inside. Thanks to motorradt.westphal - 100% feedback on 714 transactions

Name:	IMG_0884.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	576

DW-003 BPM counter, module 1698 - I like the two-tone, positive/negative display. Seems there has been some modding going on as I can't find any picture of this colour combo or with a black resin DW-003 style strap - they all seem to be faux leather. Given the age of the watch - about 14 years - and the tendency of the DW-003 models to resin beetle it is probable that the mod was for necessity rather than cosmetic reasons
    Last edited by macspite; 2011-09-16 at 12:13.

This scrapes in for the week's selection, though the picture was taken this morning it is the watch I wore to the Goodwood revival yesterday. A nice non G-Shock that to me has a retro feel. And in case you are wondering who this rich bloke is - the ticket was free, in exchange for our club members loans of some vehicles and a 105mm and 155mm howitzer. Guess who didn't have a camera ...

Name:	IMG_0938.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	577

Casio 384 module