What aRe yoU Wearing (WRUW!) 12th Sept -> 18th Sept

macspite

I've been playing on eBay again.

I won this on Sunday night and got it at 10:00 Tuesday morning. The listing photos and description were clear enough to make a buying decision. Postage was three quid which meant the seller (ebozico - 100% feedback on 1599 transactions) charged me 25 pence for bubble wrap, tape, crumpled newspaper, a cardboard box, parcel tape and going to the post office. Rampant profiteeing! :)

It came with a replacement, non-original strap which I replaced with another non-original but slightly better matching velcro strap I had got a few weeks eariler. And this is the result:

From
IMG_0806.jpg

To
IMG_0810.jpg

DW-9005V
IMG_0818.jpg

One feature I am going to have to try is the alarm which can be set to the usual daily alarm or to sound on a specified day every month - ideal for alerting me to a monthly payment date for instance (assuming no calendar, computer or mobile phone set to do the same thing and that I am wearing this watch on the specific day!)

macspite

Interesting - especially as another member is enquiring about readability of the negative face GD-100 although specifically the GD-100 -MS-3

As you live in Florida I guess you aren't too familiar with dull English days making it difficult to read negative faces but it bugs me. I like the look but not the functionality :)

Did you wait until 14:44.44 to take the picture or did you cheat and keep resetting the watch until you caught the right moment? Maybe we should all take pictures of our watches showing 10:58.50 on Sunday 30th of June ...

Kuma23

Interesting - especially as another member is enquiring about readability of the negative face GD-100 although specifically the GD-100 -MS-3

As you live in Florida I guess you aren't too familiar with dull English days making it difficult to read negative faces but it bugs me. I like the look but not the functionality :)

Did you wait until 14:44.44 to take the picture or did you cheat and keep resetting the watch until you caught the right moment? Maybe we should all take pictures of our watches showing 10:58.50 on Sunday 30th of June ...

Funny, I use to live in North Yorkshire so I agree with you about dull English days... As far as the 14:44:44, it was pure luck. I was trying to press the light button and then take the photo and it just happened to be that time. I couldn't have timed it even if I had tried to on purpose. LOL

rutteger

Administrator
Have to make do with only one watch this week, the rest are in storage.

Went for the Men in Navy & Khaki Gulfman

IMG_20110914_212016.jpg

macspite

Another eBay purchase, this time from Germany. 4 working days to arrive, very well packed in a substantial cardboard box with crumpled newspaper inside. Thanks to motorradt.westphal - 100% feedback on 714 transactions

IMG_0884.jpg

DW-003 BPM counter, module 1698 - I like the two-tone, positive/negative display. Seems there has been some modding going on as I can't find any picture of this colour combo or with a black resin DW-003 style strap - they all seem to be faux leather. Given the age of the watch - about 14 years - and the tendency of the DW-003 models to resin beetle it is probable that the mod was for necessity rather than cosmetic reasons

macspite

This scrapes in for the week's selection, though the picture was taken this morning it is the watch I wore to the Goodwood revival yesterday. A nice non G-Shock that to me has a retro feel. And in case you are wondering who this rich bloke is - the ticket was free, in exchange for our club members loans of some vehicles and a 105mm and 155mm howitzer. Guess who didn't have a camera ...

IMG_0938.jpg

Casio 384 module