Men in Rescue Red

chrisek

First, I'm talking about these two.

va9a8uma.jpg

And the Gulfman

5usygymu.jpg

I just found out yesterday that the US release of this Rangeman will be non-atomic. This will be the first non-atomic Rangeman and my question is: can anyone see if Europe is getting atomic or non-atomic version of this? Or are we back to Japan version and Rest of World version again?

sent with aloha

Sengyoku

It's interesting the Rescue Red series shares the same Series code as the Burning Red series, ie. the 'RD' designation. Could cause a little confusion somewhere down the line for those not familiar :)

Anyway, it is pretty similar, the red resins look pretty much the same as the MIBR series -which I do like very much, it's one of my all time favourite series!- the difference being the red/white theme rather than the red/black of the MIBR. Also it's interesting to see the current atomic Gulfman back, could this be the last time we see one I wonder? I think I may be pretty tempted!

I don't know why they are making a non-atomic Rangeman for the US market. Seems completely bizarre to me! Surely it would be cheaper and simpler just to stick to the same module for all Rangies, or maybe there's some stealth tax on atomic watches or something we don't know about?

chrisek

Gulfman: could be completely true. But also realize it has a different price point to the Gulfmaster. Just like the 9000 mudman carries on, so might the Gulfman. I wonder when the Gulfmaster will get in on a wave?

Burning Red. Notice this is the trend for the final part of this year. Casio also brought back Rescue Orange (but with a negative display instead of an orange display) and the BB which is less famous than these two but still difficult and expensive to get now. We will see if this continues into 2015. I would be very happy to see Men in Ice White make a come back! :cool:

As for the Rangeman: the dollar is strong against the yen, so maybe Casio has held this play for just such an occaision?? I always thought it was cheaper to make many more of one module, but obviously the cost difference is tangible to them. Especially if Casio is willing to separate US from Europe as well!

sent with aloha

Dwsjr50

Everyone should have a negative display gshock in their collection. Although not everyone would agree. The red really brings out the the display. Congrats on your purchase. Awesome.