Could use some thoughts and input

chrisek

Looking for a checkup from the neck up, hope everyone gets in on this (yes, lurkers too!). Just want some input.

We have quite a bit of overlap among various forums and blogs and Facebook groups. I'd like some input on GSZ, and direction.

I find that Watchuseek is almost bleeding edge and a great place to read to your hearts content. The knowledge base is staggering, but i find the information is fractured. I mean how many Rangeman threads are there?

GSZ has the G-Shock wiki, and some good info as well. I've been trying to consolidate information into one thread of a given wave or significant release/model. The thought is when the 30th anniversary comes out and someone Googles something, they can find a thread with links out to wherever and learn all they want.

Over here I don't mind linking back to WUS, 50gs, etc as I view this as a reference forum. Is that fair? Is that helpful?

This last week we've only done WRUW threads, and I enjoy the participation by everyone (I actually mention all the time I enjoy this group), and want to know if that is cool? I know what it is like to bounce 4 groups and be happy to just have that check in and say hi to everyone. I enjoy it very much. Just not sure how everyone else views it.

I know that the information I pull for various G's is pretty well known currently so that is hard to evaluate if it is effective, as it is more "oh, I've seen that elsewhere" vs "that is so cool! had no idea!". Or do some of you find the info super useful?

Like I said, any input is appreciated, please don't hold back.

sent with aloha

Dwsjr50

GSZ needs more moderators. Allow them to merge duplicate threads etc. Suspend or ban members who might give the forum a bad name. I've notice there is not a lot of ads. Unfortunately the success of the forum needs cash flow to pay for the equipment to keep the site up and running. Mainly gshock ads. Sorry for the rant . Love the site keep up the good work.
Have a supporting member designation for a small yearly fee.
Offer Disabled veterans the Supporting members status for free.
Lower the number of posts before a member can use the for sale thread. Say to 50. Having other mods to police the for sale thread not make getting it prohibitive. 125 is way to high. Do not chase prospective members away. Just my thoughts. :cool:

Sengyoku

Hey Chris, as another forum and group hopper, I'm cool with GSZ being a reference place like you put it. I also enjoy the little community here and find it's a nice hangout :)

With an increasingly busy life and more forums and groups to visit now than ever, I appreciate your efforts to consolidate info into an easily digestable form here, (yes f17 is a great place with a vast wealth of information, but agree with you that is all over the place) so I'm cool with links and references to other places...

BACKBLAST72

Good Morning Chris,

Sorry for the late response to this thread; to be honest with you its been a little crazy here at home between school, the kids, and my wife being pregnant I've had my hands full. However, back to the question posted by you; I sincerely like our forum I have meet guys who are sincerely enthusiastic about G-Shock watches and are willing to share this information with people who express a true and sincere interest in this awesome thing of ours.

I have been working on a review article for the GDXD-6900 family of watches; I am not finish working on it and it still needs some work. I want to in-bed either hyper links or video to make it interesting and dynamic. I thought the article you did on the 30th anniversary pieces was dead-on-point and very informative; your passion for our watches rings true and clear within your article. We could probably ask our members to help with this and have everyone do a review of their favorite family of watches within the G-Shock vast inventory. I think it will bring a certain respectability and credibility to our forum.

I do enjoy our WRUW threads but we could add to the variety. We could also play with the days certain watches are worn kind of like we do with Fridays (Frogs) and (Muddy) Mondays. Also ask people to maybe post a picture of themselves when they post their watches it makes it more personal and helps make the connection more real I think. I know you and I have done this in the past and it gives our forum a more welcome home type feel and environment. After all we are all a bunch of guys who like and enjoy G-Shocks no reason why we all couldn't be really close friends. Which by the way I have made some really good down to earth connections with a lot of the guys on our group and I enjoy our posts tremendously they are full of the G-Shock spirit but also full of individual personalities of all of the guys with in our group.

Something else we could do is ask people if they are willing to be responsible for keeping track of certain things such any new news released by Casio on a monthly basis, dates for new releases, or any events around the globe which Casio maybe hosting to promote and expand their influence. It takes a team effort to keep the group inform and I will instill pride and ownership within our forum more I think.

Know what ever you are planning you can count on me for help. I enjoy our talks and I feel very welcome within our group. I have found my home when it comes to G-Shock aficionados.

Take care Chris and please let me know how I can help you out more.

Sincerely,
Carlos.