casio gw-9400 Rangeman - accuracy

BACKBLAST72

Thank you for answer but this is not a problem
.. After two hours on my desk, not 20 minutes :)
Two watches, Suunto and Casio and weather station...
Suunto and weather station exactly the same.
Casio shows differences (with factory settings)

I know that I can calibrate it but it is strange that
It shows so big difference especially for thermometer...

Good morning gervasius,

I have the Rangeman to and my readings are accurate. What you have to do sometimes is calibrate the settings; even though Casio calibrates them at the factory. You have to remember that the Casio watches will give you the temperature reading in conjunction to the air density readings from your barometer. However, with this said you have to calibrate your watch to your specific geographic location and that is why you have to input the correct latitude and longitude readings for the watch to calibrate to your specific geographical location; the watch will not do this automatically for you it needs your help with this.

Once you do this the watch will adjust and give the proper readings. I am a retired Infantry Sergeant and in the past we used the SUUNTO's which for real life situations are GARBAGE they won't take the abuse of combat and its a regular battery operated watch. The U.S. ARMY changed to the Pathfinder / Pro-Trek line of Casio ABC watches for many reasons one of them being accuracy as long as you calibrate your watch properly. Ensure your latitude and longitude values are correct and then allow the watch 1 to 2 hours to calibrate its computer and adjust its settings. You should get more accurate readings once this is done. I had to reset the module on my Rangeman and then calibrate the settings. So if after you do this it does not work let me know and I will give you the directions on how to reset the module and then re-calibrate the watch. I've had my Rangeman now for 5 months and my readings are dead on target.

Hopefully this information will help you. Don't loose faith and confidence in your G-Shock for they are the BEST watches in the world hands down.

gervasius

Good morning gervasius,

I have the Rangeman to and my readings are accurate. What you have to do sometimes is calibrate the settings; even though Casio calibrates them at the factory. You have to remember that the Casio watches will give you the temperature reading in conjunction to the air density readings from your barometer. However, with this said you have to calibrate your watch to your specific geographic location and that is why you have to input the correct latitude and longitude readings for the watch to calibrate to your specific geographical location; the watch will not do this automatically for you it needs your help with this.

Once you do this the watch will adjust and give the proper readings. I am a retired Infantry Sergeant and in the past we used the SUUNTO's which for real life situations are GARBAGE they won't take the abuse of combat and its a regular battery operated watch. The U.S. ARMY changed to the Pathfinder / Pro-Trek line of Casio ABC watches for many reasons one of them being accuracy as long as you calibrate your watch properly. Ensure your latitude and longitude values are correct and then allow the watch 1 to 2 hours to calibrate its computer and adjust its settings. You should get more accurate readings once this is done. I had to reset the module on my Rangeman and then calibrate the settings. So if after you do this it does not work let me know and I will give you the directions on how to reset the module and then re-calibrate the watch. I've had my Rangeman now for 5 months and my readings are dead on target.

Hopefully this information will help you. Don't loose faith and confidence in your G-Shock for they are the BEST watches in the world hands down.

hello,

Thank you very much for your answer... Of course, I entered latitude/longitude as soon as I bought it, but nothing changes. I understand for barometric reading there is difference because there is no connection between altimeter and barometer (no altimeter/barometer lock), and Casio shows Sea Level Barometric pressure...

For difference between temperature (in my room temperature is the same on all my instrument/watches... except Rangeman - on Rangeman temperature is about 3.5 Celsius degree higher) - it is strange to me... Factory calibration of temperature have to be same in Croatia, Japan or USA :).. Factory calibration for temperature must be ok, isn't it?

You said that it is posibillity to reset module on Rangeman - pls. could you tell me how to do this?

Btw... yes, I love Casio also, and it is really great watch, very useful and accurate, I am using Casio for everything, including diving :)

Thank you very much
and best regards

Bahlsen

The process to reset the Rangeman would be interesting for me too...

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

BACKBLAST72

Ok Guys,

If after adjusting your longitude and latitude settings your Rangeman does not work properly then you have to reset the factory settings. Thus, the next step is to reset the electronic module (computer) inside your watch. The way you do this is very easy press the ADJUST, MODE, AND FORWARD buttons at the same. If you do this correctly every visible character on your watches display will be visible. If every character is not visible or lit up then you have a damaged module. But if your display is completely lit up then wait 5 minutes then press the forward button and you should get several displays; continue to do this until you go back to your home city and normal time is display once again.

After you do this reset your longitude and latitude settings for your specific geographic location; your Rangeman is now properly calibrated and should give you the correct readings.

If any of you have additional questions just shoot me a message and I will help you.

5e289517718af97742c6f63863dfe614.jpg

7914d925771cd239140f0bc06bbe1f32.jpg

a276458025b6ab312d46a418f5968624.jpg

02b6580b250ede6f9e0dfaf23ca50b19.jpg

e43537954aeca1d72d77fba33a424fca.jpg

dc3936e5beee335f8a3c74629fc0c159.jpg

rmilanovic

@backblast72 I just finished reading this thread and well done!
But I have some another problem: my temp and baro reading are very the best (I have some baro app on iphone 6 so the reading are match) but Alti is very strange to understand!!
I do exactly as you wrote (reset and etc),I also put exactly coordinates of my city and I calibrate alti..but after few hours my alti is from 118m going to -55 or from 118m rise to 325m or something?
This is brand new watch- few days old! Is any help please....

nikolaos

You have to remember that the Casio watches will give you the temperature reading in conjunction to the air density readings from your barometer. hands down.

You mean that temp reading is based upon baro readings ?

I thought sensors where not compesated to each other.

rmilanovic

I contact casio support and this is the mail that I received as answer:

"regarding your question, we can inform you about the following.

The watch has only one sensor for barometer and altimeter. Basis for the altimeter is the current air pressure.

The watch estimates altitude based on air pressure. This means that altitude readings for the same location may vary if air pressure changes by weather (Please note that, 1mB correspond to 8 meters).

We recommend that first you set a reference altitude and then you start the altitude measurement. You can adjust the reference altitude on 0 meter or the relative altitude (if you know the altitude above Mean Sea Level). Then the watch works perfectly and adjusts its air-pressure-to-altitude conversation calculation accordingly.

The next day may be a big difference in weather so the readings height will not hold for ever.

Set the reference altitude again and it should work in the coming hours. "

So from that I think that temp reading havent anything with baro sensor. Maybe I wrong.