From a GW-300-2608 to a MTG-900-2638

Looey

My GW-300-2608 stopped getting updated by Ft Collins; it's morning call now resets it to Jan 1 with some incorrect time. I figured it was time for a new one. I loved it...hardly ever took it off. Today I bought a MTG-900-2638 with a metal bracelet band. I'm having misgivings about this because of the bracelet. It feels like a piece of jewelry; I can get used to that. But as for wearing it all the time, I feel with all the pins, links, and clasp, it's going to need a real lot of care. My old one, well, I just forgot about it and wore it 99.99% of the time. QUESTION: Is there another Solar G Shock Waveceptor with the same size primary time digits? That's important cause I don't have to put glasses on to read the time.

Looey

Going to return the MTG-900-2638 but still am looking for a Solar G Shock Waveceptor that has a primary digital time display of 6mm in height.
Looey

macspite

From pictures the GW-300 seems to have large, clear digits. I need glasses to properly see the time on a digital wrist watch, analog is so much easier to see at a glance (though Hypercomplex needs careful scrutiny) As for the bracelet being delicate, I haven't found any problems with the bracelet watches I have and I have removed links and adjusted clasps quite happily.

For an easy read solar/atomic though, with a nylon strap and a buckle I am currently in love with my GW-7900 MS:

7900 wrist.jpg

Is the problem with syncing with Fort Collins allied to the solar battery not holding a charge?

Looey

Hi Macspite, I'll give my GW-300 a real good sunning and see it that helps. Thank you for the info!
Cheers, Looey

macspite

Hi Looey,

Any luck with your GW-300?

I was wearing my daily driver yesterday, the watch that doesn't get treated with any respect and I realised that it was a solar atomic with easy to read digits. Sub dials are a poain though, with or without glasses. It only cost me £40 /$60 off eBay "new, Grade A" It came in the correct packaging with all documents and works fine. The only slight hassle is that the perpetual calendar function only runs to 2039 but it will probably have succumbed to resin beetle by then :) Might be worth getting as a cheap substitute while you save for that solar atomic frogman alti/baro/BPM/Gmix limited edition Dee and Ricky collab ...

IMG_1123.jpg

GW-500U-1VER

Looey

YES!!!!
I've been setting it in front of a light bulb, or next to a fluorescent tube and this morning at 0504 hrs (0904 hrs GMT), it reset correctly! So...your hunch, Macspite, that this problem is battery related...THANK YOU.
I have been having a lot of overcast and very rainy weather the past couple days, hence the charging with artificial lux.
Regards,
Looey

hairygshock63

Urgent urgent urgent

Hi Looey,

Any luck with your GW-300?

I was wearing my daily driver yesterday, the watch that doesn't get treated with any respect and I realised that it was a solar atomic with easy to read digits. Sub dials are a poain though, with or without glasses. It only cost me £40 /$60 off eBay "new, Grade A" It came in the correct packaging with all documents and works fine. The only slight hassle is that the perpetual calendar function only runs to 2039 but it will probably have succumbed to resin beetle by then :) Might be worth getting as a cheap substitute while you save for that solar atomic frogman alti/baro/BPM/Gmix limited edition Dee and Ricky collab ...

View attachment 587

GW-500U-1VER

Hello,
This watch actually is to date 2099.
Ive just bought 3 of these on ebay .co.uk ,tey needed spare parts ,and now work perfectly,on average price was about £22.00 each !!!

hairygshock63

My GW-300-2608 stopped getting updated by Ft Collins; it's morning call now resets it to Jan 1 with some incorrect time. I figured it was time for a new one. I loved it...hardly ever took it off. Today I bought a MTG-900-2638 with a metal bracelet band. I'm having misgivings about this because of the bracelet. It feels like a piece of jewelry; I can get used to that. But as for wearing it all the time, I feel with all the pins, links, and clasp, it's going to need a real lot of care. My old one, well, I just forgot about it and wore it 99.99% of the time. QUESTION: Is there another Solar G Shock Waveceptor with the same size primary time digits? That's important cause I don't have to put glasses on to read the time.

Hello,
It needs resetting ,with tweezers in side ,so yoll have to take the caseback off ,and it may also need a new " CTL1616F" rechargeable capacitor(battery),ive completed this in my two GW500U watches bought on ebay.co.uk,theyre now fully operational,to charge the watch you must piont it towards the sun outside and leave it in the sun for about 2 hours ,if the battery is new ,then 20 mins will be ok.!!