Worth changing bezel?

Sengyoku

Hey Doug,

Your GA-100 happens to be a part of a very large family of current XL style Gs that share the same case chassis, therefore the same resin - in all sorts of colours and variations I might add - so I wouldn't really worry about it, as I'm sure you will be able to source a replacement bezel with ease even years down the line. I agree wth race in that Gs are just designed to be abused :) Whilst I understand why you wouldn't want to do it with a limited edition with special resin, the one you have is a vanilla model (not to say it's any worse than any other G!)

Use, abuse and enjoy your G, and when it's really beat up, you can just refurb it and it will look like new :) on the other hand, if you find your OCD getting to you, you can also try Keith at Tiktox.com who will also ship internationally... if you can't find what you're looking for you can just email him too

doughead

Thanks alot . Yes I'm inclined to leave it as it is since viewed strait on its not obvious. I'm just grateful that the scruff mark is now a different shade of black rather tham white initially. I find that accidental knocks against door openings and sharp corner walls seem to be a common occurrence so I may just have to accept such things, unless it is a particularly deep and unsightly scratch.

doughead

Thanks guys for your valuable inputs, funny that I'm more anal over my G than the Heuer I got several years ago! Its actually a minor scratch, I'm just sore that it happened before d G is even a month old and I like the GA-100 face so much. I guess these are idiosyncrasies only a G owner can comprehend lol! It's not just a watch, its a G :)

doughead

It's gotten worse :( I thought black resin bezels aren't painted so I'm surprised why it started to peel. I tried the nail-polish remover method but the scratch remains. Think i'll just send it in for a change.

ga100scratch_zpsed74cd94.jpg