How can I do a factory reset on a Model 2178 (W-732H)?

ship69

Hi

How do I do a Factory Reset for my Model 2178 / W-732H G-Shock Casio watch (which is a few year old now).

I put a new battery in recently. The problem I am trying to fix is that the Countdown Alarm timer no long bleeps AT ALL. This is true irrespective of whether the auto-repeat timer is set On or Off. And whether or not the Progress Beeper (on same menu) is set on or off.

Strangely, the watch still beeps every time I hit the MODE button....

Many thanks

J

P.S. What I need the watch to do is bleep just once every (say) 30 seconds so that I can use it to count my stretch exercises.
And if I can't get my old watch to work - can you recommend any modern ones that have this function?

delme_watch01.jpg

Sengyoku

The fact that you're getting sound should mean that you have the alarm spring in place.

I can only suggest that you try the a/c reset procedure like on g shock modules...

you'll have to access the module like you did to change the battery; there's normally a hole marked a/c somewhere on the back of the modules and you're supposed to short it/link it with a pair of tweezers with the back of the battery when you put in a new battery. This resets the module to factory state...

ship69

The fact that you're getting sound should mean that you have the alarm spring in place.

I can only suggest that you try the a/c reset procedure like on g shock modules...

you'll have to access the module like you did to change the battery; there's normally a hole marked a/c somewhere on the back of the modules and you're supposed to short it/link it with a pair of tweezers with the back of the battery when you put in a new battery. This resets the module to factory state...

Do you have any more info on this? TBO, I dont even know how to get the back of the watch off!

ship69

"A/C reset" WORKED - brilliant many, many thanks! :D :D