g shock aviator my 1st g shock

ratman

Hi all im brand new here and have just bought my 1st G Shock .

I have unboxed it and tried to make head and tails of the complicated instruction manual :D .

my question is why out of the box does the watch only work in stopwatch mode and stops dead in STD mode ? i can not access the time keeping mode or anything else come to think of it .

i have worked out a solar watch of this type needs a solid week left on a window sill to charge fully.

could it be in level 3? .

only the instruction manual does not cover this issue of the stuck modes? .

sorry if this has been asked before just really confused the instruction manual is a minefield

cheers stu

ratman

Hi Jeff

I perceived with charging it on the window sill in a week of brilliant sunshine it is working fantastic now mate I am really happy with it

cheers stu

JTPhoto

Cool :). Good to hear it all worked out. I had to let my 3500 sit in the sun for a day to fully charge.

Jeff

ratman

just had to be patient Jeff not much good at that im afraid :D . she keeps perfect time now amazing piece of kit and I had a bargain I paid under £150 for it and 2 days later its back to £250 :encouragement:

ratman

Love the solar power and Atomic clock as well.

Jeff

Me too Jeff the solar power is amazing never have to worry about battery changing and time adjustment ever again. I also love the look of it the size and colour scheme it fits nice on the wrist and turns heads . I have an omega full size automatic and I prefer my Gshock over that . Think I may move it on and hunt down a frogman lol

JTPhoto

Which Aviator did you acquire? These are the 2 Gs I have. The yellow accent model is the 3500 with Atomic and Solar. The other is the Ga1000 which is neither atomic or solar but I found it for a killer deal.
0f71bc27f8e5835ea3a0105b55ce1a04.jpg

Jeff