Dim display - GA-110C-1A

qunamax

Hello, just joined, for a short period i'm on my second G :D I'm probably hooked :)

Any way I think I have a problem with my brand new GA-110C-1A that I just got for birthday from my girlfriend.
From the moment i took it out of the box i could tell that the display is hard to read (didn't tell her anything, didn't want to break her heart :D), dim, characters are pretty faint when i look straight at it. When I rotate the watch a bit to an angle it gets better.
Compared to my GA-120A-7ADR the difference in display is very obvious, the characters a lot more present and dark, where on the GA-110C-1A they are very faint unless angled.
I'm thinking battery (probably old stock), but the watch otherwise works normally and led light shines ok as far as i can tell.
What could it be?

doughead

Most likely battery weak, happened to my Gulfman and a battery change fixed it (although it was after some time of use). Even if it's found to be otherwise, a battery change doesn't cost too much and it's just a simple return for repair or replacement.