Japanese imports ?

RSR934

Hello G shock enthusiasts.

I have a few Casio watches as well as other brands, some considerably more expensive, however more often than not I revert back to my Casio's simply because of there durability and accuracy. Any way, I start by apologizing in case anyone has already answered this question previously. I am looking for another G-Shock, I have noticed (on amazon in particular) a lot of the Casio and G-shocks are advertised as Japanese imports. When looking at pictures of the watches that I liked the look of I noticed that in the rear cover non of them were made in Japan. After reading other threads some time ago (on a different site) I read that watches that were specifically Japanese imports were made in Japan. Is this information correct, or is this something that used to happen in the past, or at all.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

lukas_4942

Hello Paul

I recently bought a CASIO G-SHOCK GB-5600AA-1JF Bluetooth Japan Import on Amazon.
I asked seller adn he explained me that also the Japan import versions can be manufactured in China or Thailand.
Some model are 100% made in Japan (see the GW-5000-1JF and there you will find the writing Japan on back case and buckle).
You will find easily also on ebay.
Hope it will help!
Regards

RSR934

Hello Lukas_4942.

Sorry for not replying before now. I have not had access to a computer for several days. Thanks for your reply, i'll do a bit more research before making my next purchase, quite interesting once you get into it.

Thanks again. Paul.

glazer1972

I bought a Negative Display GW6900BC1JF which is a Japanese model and the back says made in China. I bought it to get the Combi-Bracelet since I couldn'd find one reasonably priced anywhere.