WRUW : 17th Oct - 23rd Oct

macspite

A bit of a mongrel today I believe - a DW-003 with a beat counter, but not one I can find on http://watchshock.com/archive

It may be a DW-003HH with a replacement bezel and standard resin strap but if anyone knows better and has a model number please let me know!

IMG_1323.jpg

macspite

Working at Farringdon station today, most of the day taken up with sitting driving or on a train so time to get the most expensive of my collection out and give it some sun. Only when I looked at the photo did I see how dusty it had become while surveying the station building works. It has been a couple of weeks since I have worn an analogue watch and it brought home to me how easy it is to tell the time with a casual glance at the hands with the watch at any angle rather than having to manoeuvre the face to the correct angle to see the digits, makes quite a difference when driving. Also great fun watching the hands rearrange themselves to new positions depending on the mode the watch is set to.

GW-3000B-1AJF Sky Cockpit

S5000653.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
The GW-3000 is looking great, how do you find the size, look pretty large. Would agree on the analogue front. Really used to digital but had an analgoue seiko on all weekend and they are good for just glancing at the time.

Anyhow, normal service resumed with a G-5500 'Rasta' today.

IMG_20111018_204014.jpg

macspite

GW-3000 is quite a large watch, accentuated by my smallish wrists. Your G-5500 looks a reasonable size too. I like big watches, not too good at subtlety. If I have paid out for a piece of kit I want everyone around me to notice it - G Shocks fit that bill admirably!

rutteger

Administrator
GW-3000 is quite a large watch, accentuated by my smallish wrists. Your G-5500 looks a reasonable size too. I like big watches, not too good at subtlety. If I have paid out for a piece of kit I want everyone around me to notice it - G Shocks fit that bill admirably!

Nice way to look at it and the GW-3000 looks a good size. Think you can go too big though, some of the modern 'blingy' watches look excessive.

macspite

Like Mr. Bubbly Tubs I had expressed a cessation in G-Shock buying but find myself unable to resist the odd purchase, especially at the cheaper end of the market. This is a used DW-003X-4T with a slightly scratched face that the seller was upfront about and had on eBay at a sensible buy-it-now. It came through the letter box today, 36 hours after purchase and got immediately strapped to my wrist.

I like the DW-003s, comfortable to wear, inexpensive and, in many incarnations, fairly basic so that the important tasks of checking the time or setting a countdown timer (to alert me to an impending end of eBay auction!) are easily accomplished. I like the restrained grey and dark red colour of this example:

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg