WRUW : 17th Oct - 23rd Oct

gshockpete

It is indeed the SRP043 or the Spork as some call it. Probably my favourite of the three Seiko divers that I have.

rutteger

Administrator
I also like a good Seiko diver (have a stainless Samurai) and that is a good one. The shrouded crown at 4 O'clock looks very 'pro'.

macspite

Smart watch, smart shirt and a Blackberry, very good overall effect. For me an old Riseman - love the shape of this model - gave me something to play with during an interminable five hour induction to allow me onto a construction site for a 15 minute guided tour to check readiness for installation. Coupled with a black T and the ever popular orange hi-viz suit/yellow hard hat combo and a battered iPhone. Less office style setter and more ageing Village person.

S5000672.jpg

macspite

At home writing up site survey and method statement today. Bloody postman ran away without ringing doorbell so now have two red "while you were out" cards - been buying again :eek: Pulled this one off the shelf, only the second time of wearing since I bought it. Set the hourly signal to sound and pleased to hear both it and the radio time signal co-incide a little while later - I had set it to the right time when I got it on August 20th. and not touched since.

IMG_1356.jpg

A Club-G watch - GXS-690-3 - "for children or teenagers". Well, the rest of me may have gone to seed but my wrists have remained slim and the strap fits with one hole spare. Bought for its military styling and because with postage it was only 13 quid. Another shot of me subduing it sufficiently to show off the camo strap:

IMG_1353.jpg

Re 5 hours induction - sign in at reception, sit in canteen and fill out forms. Shown upstairs, have picture taken, fill out forms. Sit through safety and environmental powerpoints and DVDs. Some sobering stats (to a non-construction worker at least) on deaths and serious injuries in the industry. Stand by the window and wait to be called in for drugs and alcohol test, same window that an engineer fell past from 5 storeys up on the roof last year. D&A tests conducted 2 at a time, 50 people in room. Pass test as expected, six and a half years since I touched either. Stand by window and wait for badges. Once received line up single file and have hand prints read and registered onto card reader system. Now inducted. Arrived for 08:00, 13:15 completion.

Meet project managers in office. Discuss site. Walk across Blackfriars bridge to southern site and meet site manager. Card not yet registered on reader at that site. In anyway, 15 minute survey and discussion for installing our machines. Walk to Waterloo station for train toward home.

And so to bed.

rutteger

Administrator
The G-Cool does look pretty, er, G-Cool. Must be quite a rare item.

WAIW?

Anyhow today I have strayed.

IMG_20111022_111325.jpg

Normal service resumed tomorrow ;)