WRUW : 17th Oct - 23rd Oct

macspite

Someone has to stay true to the breed! Anyway my Seiko doesn't want to work :(

Woken by alarm at 04:45 so that I could bid (successfully) on a Casio watch on eBay, back to sleep, up later and then to post office to retrieve two G-Shocks waiting for me. Now have 30 G-Shocks - is this normal behaviour? :confused:

What better on a sunny day than to take a solar/atomic on my wrist so that I could accurately set the "new" watches (both over 10 years old)

IMG_1376.jpg

GW-7900MS-3

rutteger

Administrator
@macspite, the gw-7900 on the fabric strap looks great. I'd say 30 is normal, might be the wrong place to ask though ;) Good dedication waking at that early, good job you won :D

@gshockpete, nice 007 (if it is)

macspite

Oh well, let me also be a traitor to the cause ...

IMG_1412.jpg

My neighbours have been muttering about my tractor outside the house so I decided to move it over to the vehicle compound we rent from the MoD. About 2 miles as the crow flies but involving a large natural harbour so 12 miles by road. Actually planned this outing, set off at sunrise, fuelled on route, kept to times at checkpoints (tractor does 10 mph) and called my mate who was providing return transport so that we arrived at the same time at the gatehouse. Dropped off the tractor, admired our new club gun - google FH-70 to see what we have - and watched the buzzards spiralling above the concrete. Got dropped a mile away from home and went for the best breakfast on the island, and anywhere else for that matter, at Joint Effort, Creek Road, Hayling Island. £5.50 - 50 pence less than my watch cost new.

Ascot "dive" watch by Krippl-Watches (really!) model number AN8-SP-604

IMG_1420.jpg

Bought off a market stall about four years ago, used and abused and still keeps excellent time!

gshockpete

Nice, like the Ascot. That breakfast looks tasty. Googled FH-70, I'd liked to know how it can hold 8 crew though :eek: I guess, just jump on and hold on to something!

macspite

Going off topic - re FH-70. Towed into action by a large Foden gun tractor/limber with a crew shelter on one half of the load bed, the other half being occupied by a HIAB and boxes of projectile and bagged charges. Once close to where it needs to be the gun is unhitched and the 1700 VW engine started to power the hydraulics and propel the thing into final position. One guy drives, the other seven walk and stop to prise the gun off the driver when he tips it over :(