G-Shocks for 'smart' situations?

rutteger

Administrator
Is it possible ;)? What would you or do you go for? Have to admit I rarely wear anything other than jeans and t-shirt with a G-Shock. When smarter attire is necessary I normally break out one of my mechanical watches although have gone for the DW-5200 on occasion.

macspite

For formal wear? How about:

IMG_1115.jpg

or an old favourite:

IMG_0271.jpg

I consider my GW-3000B to be a formal watch, if anyone wants to disagree and present me with this from my wish list then I will gladly accept. Sjors has a picture of the backlight on this - beautiful!

rutteger

Administrator
Any of the black resin Gs would work to a greater or lesser extent I guess. The GW-3000 would be a good choice though :D

gshockpete

Good topic. I think any of the g aviation series, m5600 variations. I've seen someone wearing a gw500 before with a suit.

rutteger

Administrator
Hmmm, I'd think a GW-500 might be a touch fussy to be considered 'smart'. The GW-5000 might work. although to the untrained eye the premium nature would be lost given it looks near enough the same at a GW-M5600.

gshockpete

I normally stick with my m5600 models for smart situations but now and again I do wear some of my bigger and brighter G's - as long as I'm comfortable with it I'm not that fussed :cool: