The Official Introduce Yourself Here Thread.

Deepsea_Dweller

HiHi new to the forum here.
Have been collecting G's for a while and did a monster buy last year during 35th anniversary. And scored all 3 of the Magma ocean watches, MtG, Frogman and Rangeman.
Im always on the hunt for a new G and always looking for limiteds and other Gshocks items like figures, caps, Dispaly stand and so on.
I own quite a few Shocks but mostly like my Gpr-1000 Rangeman and MTG 35th anniversary models.
I use my custom GG-1000 as my daily worker.
Looking forward to meet people here buy some, sell some and trade some and share cool stories.

Hi Hi @Kwv89 Sounds awesome and we really need some photos of your fabulous G’s Pls ! Especially of the GPR Ranger ... like mine below photo or any other version....,
21f6042610f5e13b2fbaa93de6f6b70b.jpg

Thanks in advance and pls post here as well ! ( attached link )

WRUW Monday 18 - Sunday 24 November 2019
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...hread.php?t=5750&share_type=t&link_source=app
Or you might open your very own thread. Welcome aboardEnjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

luc

Hi, may I introduce myself, I am Luc lives in Belgium (that explains the not perfect english) and I am a completely newby concerning G shock.
After a lot of reading I decide to go for the Mudmaster GWG 1000 1a3er. Later post some pictures.

Deepsea_Dweller

Hi, may I introduce myself, I am Luc lives in Belgium (that explains the not perfect english) and I am a completely newby concerning G shock.
After a lot of reading I decide to go for the Mudmaster GWG 1000 1a3er. Later post some pictures.

Welcome aboard @luc Thanks for checking in and enjoy our forum. Great Mudmaster! Excellent choice. Here one more photo for you.

3442af7794d5566441350f8fe64896bf.jpg

Skizbiz

Wow, I had no idea.
Many years immersed in the rarified world of mechanical watches, I lived with blinders fully in place. I was ignorant to this wonderfully important part of quartz horology that didn't fit my collecting realm. A fellow watch nut introduced me to his DW5000C and its historical value and with in a week I owned my first square; GW-M5610.

I am obsessed with these watches!

Before I add more squares to my collection I'm curious about one obvious drawback; the EL Backlight illumination time of 1.3 seconds when activated. Really? How about 3 seconds, or I don't know a full 5 seconds ????? Seems to me a tool watch should be easier to use in all lighting conditions as this is ridiculously inadequate.

Ideas?

Deepsea_Dweller

Welcome aboard @Skizbiz Let’s have a look at your beauties Please ! Care to share your DW-5000c obsession ? ....Some photos would be always appreciated & of course the ultimate real deal I guess pls stay with us for some time ... enjoy the G Shock forum, enjoy La Zone Looking forward to your future posts

User-Name

First Post and 'Family Photo'

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I was interested in reading and learning more about G-Shock watches. I also collect mechanicals but G-Shocks are, of course, waaaay cooler! This morning, I made a phone pic of my little family taking the morning sun...all except for my newest G, the GW-5000-1JF screwback--just picked that one up today and I REALLY like it! I'll upload a pic later, maybe, but I'm sure everyone's already seen 'em.
Here's some exciting watch-nerd news: after always getting spotty reception for MultiBand6 calibration, I found a spot in the house where I get very reliable first-try GETs. So, I bought a crappy little table at IKEA (see pic), placed it in the "hot spot," and now my radio-enabled models get adjusted every night! Life can be beautiful. Heh...now I call that place "The Calibration Station." It's so fun to see the hands on the analog models ticking away in perfect synch...guess I'm weird. Anyway...hi, and I'll post questions when they occur to me. BTW: that's not a typo in the pic--I have actually owned a perfectly functional DW-6600 for 23 years. This weekend, I'm gonna try to replace the battery because the backlight, which is actually still pretty good, seems like it could possibly be a little brighter. Besides, it's already 8 years into its latest "2-year" battery. I bought a little watchmakers' tool kit and some dielectric grease for the gasket...wish me luck! heh.

Family-Photo.jpg

Deepsea_Dweller

Welcome aboard @User-Name Great write-up. Fine small assembly and presentation. Keep it coming and thanks for joining the Zone!

XCII

Hello, and thanks for having me :D

I am a young guy living in Denmark, who have just "discovered" the world of G-Shock watches.

I bought my first G-Shock a few days ago, and have just recieved it today - Could not be happier with it!

It's a GW-M5610-1ER.

20191230_121737.jpg

Deepsea_Dweller

Hello, and thanks for having me :D

I am a young guy living in Denmark, who have just "discovered" the world of G-Shock watches.

I bought my first G-Shock a few days ago, and have just recieved it today - Could not be happier with it!

It's a GW-M5610-1ER.

View attachment 11661

Welcome aboard and greetings to Denmark ! Congrats on your new M5610. Very nice indeed. Happy New Year and looking forward to your future posts. Enjoy