The Official Introduce Yourself Here Thread.

justsellbrgs

Hi...I'm John... I stop into most forums, good to see some familiar faces and love for G-Shocks...:D

I have onwed many over the years and I think I have settled? on 12-14 right now. A mixture of many models, which I will post a pic of soon. MTG, Giez, 6900, 5600, Muddie, Gulfman, etc.

Over the years I have found the Frogs too big and don't wear much. Some colors also don;t get much wear. On the positive I like Atomic Solar. A recent arrival of a GW2310 was quite surprising and well worth the money spent.

Thanks to our site host :cool:..... here's one to get the blood pumping... The wear and tear is legit and the bezel is indeed glued together --- holding hope to someday find a replacement, as are many others.

PA165066.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Welcome justsellbrgs :cool:

Sounds a fine collection. Love the DW-5300-1AV. Good luck finding a new bezel though. Have two myself, ended up with a bag of spare DW-5300 bits and pieces before I managed to snag two with good bezels. Also a little sad to not this isn't the Mission Impossible watch ;).

Bubbly Tubs

Hi I'm James, I have only really got into these in the last couple of years, and I already have ten. I do find it hard to find the interesting ones here in the UK, but hopefully reading through the forum will help with that.
Just today I went out to get some motorbike parts, and found a G-7710KRT-3ER, which is a bright green Kawasaki edition g shock that I've been looking for for a while, and I found it by pure chance, not a bad price either.

rutteger

Administrator
Hi I'm James, I have only really got into these in the last couple of years, and I already have ten. I do find it hard to find the interesting ones here in the UK, but hopefully reading through the forum will help with that.
Just today I went out to get some motorbike parts, and found a G-7710KRT-3ER, which is a bright green Kawasaki edition g shock that I've been looking for for a while, and I found it by pure chance, not a bad price either.

Welcome to the site mike & bubbly tubs. Let's see some pics :cool:

Boomslice

Hey all,

Been lurking for a while, hoping to make some contributions. Just started collecting at the beginning of the year, and the G-bug hit me hard!
Great site, and thanks,

boomslice

rutteger

Administrator
Hey all,

Been lurking for a while, hoping to make some contributions. Just started collecting at the beginning of the year, and the G-bug hit me hard!
Great site, and thanks,

boomslice

Welcome boomslice :D

Now the bug has hit be prepared for a few more G-Shocks....

Spencer Lee

Hi peeps,

just thought i'd take a moment to introduce myself, I'm Spencer and i'm relatively new to G-Shocks. I've always been an 'automatic' watch man not really paying much attention to digitals. I bought 2 G-Shocks from e-Bay in 2003; one a Frogman, the other i can't remember but both were fake which i did'nt realise until i got them. The seller disappeared and the fakes were binned but, with the amount of fakes on e-bay at the time, i just steered clear until i took one in trade the other week.

I'm not a rich man and and found the buying and selling of automatic atches wearing on my finances. probably because of this, i always try to choose the 'safe' option when buying; black or dark faced divers, you know the score.

I've now realised that, as well as being accomplished machines and great value, the G-Shock is VERY addictive! The thing is, if you are a casual collector, you don't have lots of cash tyed up in watches. Yes, loads of Vintage and LE's cost a bit but it's not like collecting Rolex's but every bit as rewarding. So, just over a week ago, i got my first 'G'; the modded 004 in another thread. A week down the line, i have two more and two on the way! I even find myself creating a wish list and formulating a 'purchasing structure' for when i'm a little more flush. The theme of the collection is this, If i like it and i can afford it, i'll buy it! Not just LE's or 5600's, just whatever i like.

Note to Self: Do not buy any more Black 'G' shocks. I need to get more colour in my life!

rutteger

Administrator
All sounds very familiar. Enjoy collecting the g-shocks also because as well as being great value they are also serious pieces of kit. Always browsing ebay and forums for bargains, plenty to be had for the astute collector.

Anyhow now you've started it'll be hard to stop.