The Official Introduce Yourself Here Thread.

Marlinaholic

Hi all, found this forum through a YouTube video on the GD-100-MS done by Mike835 (just got a GD-100 and love it, good review Mike.). I am over at WUS too, but anymore I mostly buy only G's. Never even wore a watch until about 3 years ago, then bought my first G almost by accident and have been addicted since. Congrats on a great looking website, glad I found it.

rutteger

Administrator
Hi all, found this forum through a YouTube video on the GD-100-MS done by Mike835 (just got a GD-100 and love it, good review Mike.). I am over at WUS too, but anymore I mostly buy only G's. Never even wore a watch until about 3 years ago, then bought my first G almost by accident and have been addicted since. Congrats on a great looking website, glad I found it.

Welcome, look forward to seeing the collection :D

Kuma23

New G-Shock fan on the forum.....
I just purchased a GA100-1A4 and I love it. I am waiting on a new G Shock GW3500B-1A that should be here today or tomorrow. I haven't worn Casio watches since I was a kid, but I plan to start a collection now. My current watches are:
Tag Heuer Formula 1
Tag Heuer Formual 1 Chronogragh
Fossil - 3 models

I look forward educating myself on this forum.

Kuma

bobbyg81

Hi folks.

Another newbie joining the forum. Ive just made the decision that im going to start a gshock collection.

Ive been collecting watches for years. Usually Seikos, Tags and Omegas but I decided I wanted a digital watch.

I ended up with the G-100-2BVMUR. I wear it constantly and thought Id get myself something different, so I went for the DW6900 NB-7. It is stunning in the flesh. This has given me the bug and Im now after an all black DW6900 and the King of Shocks GX-56-1AER in black/red.

I wish Id discovered g shocks sooner!

Ill post a couple of pics of my soon to be expanded on duo!

Cheers!

fotomik

Hi everyone.

I'm Mikko from Finland, finally registered to just ask a couple of questions. Longtime reader though, both here and on WUS.

My life with Casio began waaaaay back when I was a kid with some model similar to the F-91W, which I finally bought again a few years ago. Wore that until the strap broke, started wondering about "those funny G-Shock-things". Fell in love with them all, got my DW-5600E, because it was closest to my trusty F-91W... :D
And that was it then, no way to turn back. Fortunately the Lords of Money aren't the best of my friends, so I don't have to buy very many watches...

Now going to break though, and need all of your wisdom to help me decide what to buy. More on that in a new thread though.

macspite

I suppose I had better introduce myself seeing as how I have been stomping through the forums in my dirty old size nines.

When I started diving I found out about dive watches and the best value for money seemed to be the DW-6600. That was many years ago, possibly when the watch had just hit the market, seem to remember it cost around 35 quid.

I have had a few watches since then, a Sekonda military style cheapy (just resurrected after a few years with a new battery) a Seiko dive chrono on a khaki webbing strap (did I mention my interest in military vehicles) and a black screwback six quid market bargain dive style watch "Ascot" that I opened up last night to change batteries.

A few weeks ago my local freesheet showed a jewellers advert for Casio Edifice. That got me looking, ordered a GW-3000B 1AER from TikTox, started reading about G-Shocks on the web, registered on WUS but then found this site. And here I am :cool:

In the last few weeks I have augmented my collection with the abandon of a sailor spending money on shore leave:

GW-3000B new
DW-6600 well used, about to receive new battery and bezel
G-9000 3VER - new, from Hong Kong - khaki (did I mention my interest in military vehicles ;) )
G-1800D. stainless, eBay purchase for a daily driver
GW-500U bought new off eBay as a cheap solar/atomic, alternative daily driver
GW-810BD bought off some charlatan on this very forum :p

and a couple currently in the post ...

Cmoneymontana

I am new here. I found a link to this forum on the Facebook fan page.

I have been collecting G-shocks for about 10 years or so. I got rid of a majority of my old watches,
to make room for the new ones.

I just recently got the Nigel Sylvester collab and the Alife collab as well.

I posted a few pics of some the watches I recently picked up in my album.