The Official Introduce Yourself Here Thread.

marcoszam

hi everyone, newbie here. started collecting g-shocks not too long ago after seeing the eminem one.
i remember looking it up on google images and saw all the other collaborations and they just blew my mind.
my first g-shock was the maharishi.
nice to meet yall!

View attachment 8262View attachment 8262

Hello my name is RIch and I am a new to G Shock collecting. I have 6 G's in my budding collection thus far. I hope to meet many of you and get involved in this forum.

Rich
Rich10s

Welcome 2 The Zone, Mates!

Always a great pleasure 2 have new and good people around.

Looking forward 2 see more of your collections.

Always the best... Cheers!
Marcos :D

chrisek

Hello my name is RIch and I am a new to G Shock collecting. I have 6 G's in my budding collection thus far. I hope to meet many of you and get involved in this forum.

Rich
Rich10s

Welcome Rich! Looking forward to seeing your collection! :cool:

sent with aloha

X-tremeShock

Hello all, Im completely new here, to both the forum and G-Shocks. I live in Miami, FL. Just recently bought my first G-Shock; the Rangeman. I absolutely love it. Ive owned Casio watches over the years, wore a calculator watch for god knows how long, remember getting scolded in math class because of the calculator. Picked up my second G-Shock just the other day off Craigslist for $230...it was a brand spankin new Frogman, (not atomic) still had protective plastic on the back of the case...guy said it was a gift and wasnt his style, probably because he had pencil wrists. Anyway, this is my entry into the world of G-Shocks. Hope to make some cool buddies and share some photos of my Froggie/Rangeman in action :friendly_wink:

Matt_C

Hello folks, I'm Matt, 39 years old and from the Scottish Highlands.

I am a long-time user of G-Shock, having built up a small collection over the years. I have until recently been using a DW6600 (with adapters and NATO strap) which served me faithfully during my time in the military, despite sand, oil and being dropped and stood on once or twice!! I have a new CR2016 battery, bezel and gasket on order, and intend to give it a graceful retirement (which it deserves after 8 years, two tours in Iraq, being used as a 'work-watch' in a garage and years of camping/hillwalking).

Just bought a very 'retro' DW5500 (with adapters and NATO strap) as a more subtle replacement for everyday use in my new job.

I love the fact that these watches can be serviced/repaired at home, and parts are plentifully available! Proper kit, never had one fail yet!

Looking forward to swapping tips, tracking spares and chasing bargains with you all!