The Official Introduce Yourself Here Thread.

marcoszam

Hi there!
I am Fred, 41, dutchman and a loyal G-Shock user practically all my life. Got my first Casio as a teen, a speedmemory 100, and a few year's later my first G.
A DW6900, which accompanied me on two tours on war around Bosnia / Sebrenica. Although it looks beaten up now, it has never let me down, a faithfull buddy.
Later I got a Gulfman, which now my 9 year old son is crazy about. Last year I got my GWA1000D, I saw a picture in an add and got hooked immediately. I just love it's look!
Greetings and lot's of fun everybody! :)
View attachment 8606

Welcome Fred. Awesome to have you in The Zone!

Cheers,
Marcos :D

blu3hamm3r

Hello to all senior G-Shock collector here!

I am a G-Shock newbie from Malaysia. I bought my 1st G-Shock in 2001 G-Shock GIEZ GS-300C-1B and it still working fine until now. After 13 years, I fall in love with G-Shock again after poisoned by a G-Shock fan in forum. I bought my second G-Shock which is GX-56-1A King of G on 23-1-2014. After that, i grab another few more G-Shock into my collection. Up to date, i just have 5 G-shock in my collection. Will post up some of the photo share with all master here soon. ^^
CasioGiez001.jpg

Sengyoku

Welcome hamm3r! Lovely Giez you have there, they are built like tanks, id expect it to keep going for decades. Look forward to seeing your others :)

Sent from the 'droid.

BACKBLAST72

Welcome to the forum Hamm3r.
It's hard not to fall in love with these awesome watches. There's nothing like them in the world.
uploadfromtaptalk1393424888548.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1393424966659.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1393424997976.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1393425062149.jpg

Once again welcome to the fascinating world of G-Shock.

Sincerely,
BB72.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

Notfarout

Hey all Im Damon. I live in New Zealand. I did collect swatches but over the years i have come onto many different watch brands.
My first watch was a casio F-5 that I still have some 35 years later. I needs a new strap and batt but i will bring back to life sometime soon.
I like the Quirky watches so I got the casio Mp3 player WMP-1 which I still bring out from time to time....big old 32Mb in this watch.

I have been buying the G-shocks that I like over the years.
i also collect rc cars and I have a collection of 1:1 scale mini's in the garage.
Cheers all

saru7

i spose i should put something here, hope you dont mind me using one i prepared earlier :p

my folks used to own a little gift shop in the 80s that sold casio watches mostly of the low end garden variety but i vaguely recall there was a 5xxx G of some kind cos i didnt know why that one was so much more expensive than the f91w or equiv. (had to look it up lol) that i had. it was pretty much the same thing! actually not much has changed, black 5xxx's all still look the same to me :p

got a db310 straight off the shelf for a bday gift, omg it stored names and phone numbers!! many technology, such cool! wore it to death, band broke, made it a pocket watch, bro "borrowed" it and lost it. bastard.

after that, another bday gift but it unfortunately was a seiko knockoff dress watch which i happily wore cos it was the 90s lol.
I looked for something a bit less dressy but the small cased Gs I came across barely held my glance. it wasn’t till 1997 I stumbled across a stargate (the watch, not an actual stargate :p) in mint condition at a pawn store. it was the biggest, meanest looking thing I had ever seen and I had to have it. it was going for $50 but as destiny would have it, I indirectly knew the guy and he let it go for $35! steal! later I found it was the "rarer" yellow text model, double win!
ive since worn the poor thing to death, see pic, flaking text paint seems common with this model. band cracked then snapped while I was out one night so I borrowed a stapler from a 7-11 to fix it lol a year later I had to replace it, the rust from the staples were giving me quite the rash!
changed the battery a couple years ago, couple screws on the wrist guard had rusted completely thru! official benchwarmer now, only gets an outing a handful of times a year.
(interesting side note on the stargate, not long after I bought it, I ran into a chick working at hmv that had gotten one from japan and was dating a casio sales rep, he said they discontinued models with the metal over the top because ppl in sporting and other accidents were getting injured more because of the way the metal was bending off the watch! not sure on the validity of that one. pretty sure if youre in an accident bad enough to destroy your watch, a couple inches of metal would be the least of your worries lol)

in 2002, I bought my last "owned from release" vintage a g511d when I finally started to come into some disposable income… and subsequently overpaid! ever since then ive been trying to add to my love for vintage. 9 times out of 10 ill choose a vintage over a similar current model but its getting so much harder to pay the higher prices now that theyve become so popular!

best thing nowadays is I married a gal that loves g's almost as much as me :D shes slowly doing away with baby g's and going the full fledged G now because the bg's "arent chubby enough" lol that’s my girl! :D

RDA all day!
DSC_2145-1.jpg

BACKBLAST72

Good Morning Marcos,

Thanks brother, I sincerely appreciate your kind words. I have worn these awesome watches for a long time; the sad thing is I had never really stopped and appreciated how useful these watches are. It wasn't until I found myself in the hot and dusty street of Iraq that I truly learned to value the toughness of these watches. After that deployment I was hooked, or like ,any of my fellow collectors say I was Shocked. Been hooked ever since.

Very Sincerely,
Carlos AKA BB72.