The Official Introduce Yourself Here Thread.

LUW

Welcome aboard, guys!
shake.gif

You came to the right place if you love the G!

rusht6

hello,

just want to intro myself. I own 3 casio, 2 gshock, 1 pathfinder. I am a watch enthusiast as I own other brands like 5 swatch, 2 tag, 1 Seiko, 1 luminox and some high end models as well.

would be great to know more about casio

saru7

Welcome saru7! Cool story and I love the Gundams and Stargates so you are in good company :beer:

Yours is mint!

sent with aloha
ive seen your posts about vintage stuff so we'd def. be best mates irl ;) shame i didnt know you sooner, wouldve looked you up when i was in Oahu last year ...and come and robbed you :p

i think the photo makes it look better than it is, all the edges/corners are rounded down and theres a few big gashes in it!

thetimestore

Hello all,

I am a watch collector for a few years of mostly Citizen, some other pieces by Bulova and Seiko. I recently opened a retail watch store here in Queens, NY. We are authorized to sell many brands but our most interesting contract is with Casio GSHOCK who is providing us with all their limited edition pieces. GSHOCK is A watch brand i had admittedly written off as more of a "kids" brand. I was intrigued more by the brand when i noticed the collaborations they were doing and researched some they had done in the past. Well, to make a long story short i have become overly enticed by these watches and i have recently been my own best customer lol.

Im sure this is only the beginning and i am eager to learn more about these watches. Reading a lof of your posts about vintage collections and stuff i can feel a lot of passion, and its exciting to me! These are really awesome watches! Hoping to learn, network, and collect more

Where is your store located? I grew up in Maspeth. I have early memories of a jewelry store on Grand Ave. with a big BENRUS sign on the side of the building. My father's dress watch was a Benrus, and when I got bit by the watch bug c. 2004 I was inevitably drawn to the brand.

Hello to all! I am Jack from Philadelphia, the moniker by which I am known on most of the watch fora I haunt. I got bit by the watch bug in 2004 or so, and in recent years have become somewhat more rational about it. I collect vintage Timex, Benrus, Seiko, Hamilton and other brands - still a bit of a vacuum cleaner there. I have a small stable of Casio G-Shocks. I have girlie wrists but I can still get away with wearing a G-Shock, especially with short sleeves. My favorite is probably the GW5600J for its lower profile. I have had a few Baby Gs also, but have lately been either giving them to my granddaughter or selling them off. I hope to come back and learn from everyone but for now I have a question which I shall ask by separate post.

thetimestore

Where is your store located? I grew up in Maspeth. I have early memories of a jewelry store on Grand Ave. with a big BENRUS sign on the side of the building. My father's dress watch was a Benrus, and when I got bit by the watch bug c. 2004 I was inevitably drawn to the brand.

Hey Jack,

We are located in Glendale, very close to Maspeth. In the shops at Atlas Park. I was just over there talking to some reps from Citizen and Movado who have been putting in tireless efforts to make their brands known with a big in-store presence. I haven't met with a G-Shock rep yet but the models we have are simply stand-out from anything else we sell. I only own three so far but i have my eye on the G7900A-4 for the next time i treat myself.