The Official Introduce Yourself Here Thread.

Deddy84

Hi, I'm Andrea. This is my Casio G-Shock GW-m5610bb, originally with reverse display (white numbers on a black background)
Now modified by replacing the electronic module with that of the Japanese model gw-m5610b 1JF
[url]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/13/254f3f150e0bc649598a48a5af283747.jpg[/url] [/ img]
[Img] [url]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/13/88b72eb5f7075f55d32a4382a4775214.jpg[/url] [/ img]
[Img] [url]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/13/ed180b765fc17139d89288885a52cb56.jpg[/url] [/ img]

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

Dr_jinG

New member from Northern California. I had a poor-man's G-Shock when I was 18 (shoot, I don't even know if G-Shock existed back then!). That great little watch served with me the short time I was in the Army, and somewhere along the way I lost it over the years. Always loved the G-Shock watches, and finally got my first one last year (Tough Solar model 3195). I just purchased a used G-Shock MT-G 520 last week. The new watch seems small to me (heck, the 3195 seemed pretty small, at first, and the MT-G is even smaller!), but I'm happy with it. The only problem is that the band is one link too tight for me, so I'm on the hunt for a new link. I'll post in the classifieds section for that.

I'm looking forward to building my collection, over time, and seeing what this forum has to offer (as well as hopefully give something back to this forum).

Deepsea_Dweller

Hi to everyone!

Ivo from Croatia! Own three different G's for now + some more other ones (Bulova, JL, Nautica...) but I carry G 80% of the time!

Simply the best watch out there!

Regards,
Ivo

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard Ivo and greeting to Croatia. Enjoy your stay :) Please show us your collection if you like. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone 6+

VR16710

Hi All,

Like many, I had a cheapo Casio many years ago, no idea what model or if it was even a G-shock, (doubt it), but I did really like it. Then, for many years, (okay, decades), I never wore a watch. Not a fan of jewelry, just my wedding ring. But, recently was shopping for watches for my boys and was re-acquainted with Casio, specifically the G-Shocks and now I find myself pandering over all the different models, and such.
Since, I've bought 2 models.

1. GWM5610-1
Love the easy to read digital display, reminds me of my old Casio and also love the atomic synching and tough solar. What I don't like and I certainly don't consider myself a big guy, but I guess I have large wrists (8.5" or so) and it leaves me with only 1 or 2 empty notches on the band. The end often pops out of the keeper and tends to snag stuff.
2. AWGM100B (Costco version with green hour hand and accents)
Also love this watch and for whatever reason the band is a bit longer so it fits a bit better. I still only have two notches left on the end but it has more spare space after that and never seems to come undone. I think it's also a little more attractive than the 5610 but ... the three little digital windows can be a pain to read.

Anyhow, now I find myself thinking about yet another one. Not that I'd ever use it but the moon and tide phases would be kind of fun. Both of the previous models I bought are not the exceedingly large models, not sure how big I would be comfortable with but am looking at either the GLX5600, (unfortunately no tough solar), or perhaps the GW7900B-1, though I think it's supposed to be quite large and thick. Any thoughts for a newbie?

VR16710

Hi Members. I have been a member of Watch You Seek forum for 2 years (same user ID). After developing an interest in G's I thought I would come here and see what I could learn and offer. I remember when the first 1983 GW-5000C-1A square came out. As was the culture of the time I and many others sadly but almost reluctantly dismissed it believing the Japanese technology couldn't be relied on, confiding our automatics. These are fine too, but I have finally come to appreciate the proven quality, longevity, durability and practicality offered by G's. Anyway, I didn't want to miss out a second time and 30 years later and having to wait another 10 for another anniversary run, so I brought my first ever G, a square, the DW-5030C-1JR yesterday (its currently in transit from Japan) and I cant wait to receive it. I just cant stop thinking, talking, comparing and analysing G's. I think its an illness ...And Doctor, Doctor I gotta bad case of loving it! :D

I am suffering from the same ailment :)

SteveBowe

Hi all,

I've always had a passion for watches but for some reason, only owned 1 at a time. I recently upgraded an old watch (not Casio) to a Casio Edifice M300 solar/atomic. It's a nice, dressy sort of watch and I'm pleased with it. However, I got to thinking that I don't want to wear it all the time like I have with previous watches. I want to keep it looking good. So that got me thinking about buying a second 'everyday' watch. After doing some Googling, I started to be drawn towards the G-Shock watches.

I finally settled on the GW-2310-1ER. It looked like a nice, compact, tough looking watch. And I had got used to the solar/atomic thing. The price was reasonable as well....Job done. I have to say I love it. But......and it's a BIG but....I've been bitten by the G-Shock bug. I'd noticed a few other models on Ebay that I took a liking to and thought to myself "if the right deal comes along....." Lo and behold, a few days ago I picked up a GW-6900-1ER for a decent price. It arrived today and I LOVE IT.

My question is.....Is there a cure for the G-Shock bug? I want to start expanding my collection but I don't think my missus is going to understand.

EPI

im epi a newbie here.. I joined because my watch had a problem regarding the analog.
it is not working anymore.. how can i fix this one?