The Official Introduce Yourself Here Thread.

Olorin1126

Hi, I'm new to the site. I bought my first G-Shock, a DW-6600 for my 16th birthday, which ended up getting stolen! I was given a G-7710-1ER as a Christmas present by my parents.
It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that I got back into G-shocks, when I found my old box & receipt for my old DW-6600 & I ended up buying 3 of them on ebay (2 Korean plain & 1 Chinese red "G" ). I've kept 2 looking standard & the 2nd Korean watch, I'm going to stealth using DW-6900MS parts & add a Zulu Diver (black & grey stripe) strap to it with bull bars!

paul

hi,just picked this frogman 822 2b 2nd gen i think,might sell on again as bit big for my wrist,lovely condition,i also have several others in my collection. frogman 1.jpgfrogman 10.jpg any info on this would be appreciated,also possible value,it is in perfect condition,thanks

BigAl62

Greetings! I've had Casio watches since the early 1980's. My first was the Melody model (that was stolen from my tool box at work), the rest I still own. They are: the pre-G Shock DW1000, 2 DW 5600's (both modules), 2 DW5600E's and a DW 6900. I pulled the older ones out of storage and I am trying get them back to proper order, that is what drew me to this website. I look forward to being part of this community.

hound

I'm in search of a replacement for my trusty G-Shock. I wore this guy from around 1990 to 2011 without taking off my wrist but for a few times. (always wanted the yellow one when I was a kid) It's been on 2000+ dives, some approaching 90m. I was doing some contracting and warehouse work and it was looking a little ragged with the cracked bezel, my molded epoxy fix never sticking. I think it's the same battery; the light works but flickers.

20151229_092210_resized (2).jpg

My wife bought me an ironman that I ruined in a matter of weeks and a series of 6900s to replace it. I imploded two of them sub 200'. Despite not diving deep these day, I now have one that arbitrarily resets to 1/1/00 12am every few weeks! I'm like a dog without a collar; something isn't right in the world. I need a replacement that is worthy. The new array is dizzying.

Maybe I just get a new bezel for this one. The date range on it is 1985 to 2029.

I purchased an ebay DW-9900 since they have the ISO rating for depth and aren't super huge. I see that I definitely need the tuna can back and not these seemingly second rate flat backs with four screws. I bought a GW-5000-1JF for a big price. That one seems decent and I'll give that a try as well.

What really chaps my hide? I don't want "Indiglo" or Illuminator". I want a LIGHT.

BACKBLAST72

I'm in search of a replacement for my trusty G-Shock. I wore this guy from around 1990 to 2011 without taking off my wrist but for a few times. (always wanted the yellow one when I was a kid) It's been on 2000+ dives, some approaching 90m. I was doing some contracting and warehouse work and it was looking a little ragged with the cracked bezel, my molded epoxy fix never sticking. I think it's the same battery; the light works but flickers.

View attachment 10510

My wife bought me an ironman that I ruined in a matter of weeks and a series of 6900s to replace it. I imploded two of them sub 200'. Despite not diving deep these day, I now have one that arbitrarily resets to 1/1/00 12am every few weeks! I'm like a dog without a collar; something isn't right in the world. I need a replacement that is worthy. The new array is dizzying.

Maybe I just get a new bezel for this one. The date range on it is 1985 to 2029.

I purchased an ebay DW-9900 since they have the ISO rating for depth and aren't super huge. I see that I definitely need the tuna can back and not these seemingly second rate flat backs with four screws. I bought a GW-5000-1JF for a big price. That one seems decent and I'll give that a try as well.

What really chaps my hide? I don't want "Indiglo" or Illuminator". I want a LIGHT.

Good evening Hound,

I want to begin by welcoming you to our forum and I sincerely hope you and your family had a blessed Christmas. With the new year just around the corner G-Shock I'm sure is preparing to release some of their newest models for the new up-coming year. I have used them for over 26 years through my work, but have recently within the last three years began to seriously collect them.

The Varity and application in which G-Shocks are manufactured is extensive and sometimes mind boggling. However, in my personal opinion the BEST G-Shock which money can buy right now would be the GW-9400-1CR Rangeman. It was G-Shocks first true ABC watch. You have an Altimeter, Barometer, Thermometer, and Compass; combined with tough solar technology and G-Shocks legendary toughness there would be no better replacement for your GW-5600-1V.

GW9400-1_xlarge.jpg

Hope this information helped you and I sincerely wish you and your entire family a prosperous Happy New Year.

hound

However, in my personal opinion the BEST G-Shock which money can buy right now would be the GW-9400-1CR Rangeman. It was G-Shocks first true ABC watch. You have an Altimeter, Barometer, Thermometer, and Compass; combined with tough solar technology and G-Shocks legendary toughness there would be no better replacement for your GW-5600-1V.

Thanks man, that's a ringing endorsement from someone with a collection like yours. Christmas was indeed blessed. That watch looks huge ! For $200 on Amazon I might have to give it a whirl. My old trusty G-Shock is a DW-5600C I gather versus the GW or 5600E. I just think the tuna can back with the trapped o-ring does indeed make a difference when it comes to being water tight. I have a used DW-9900 Frogman on the way via fleabay.....I think I might have to start a collection now.

BACKBLAST72

Good afternoon Hound,

I'm glad to hear you and your family had a blessed Christmas. I don't know how much time you have spent in front of a computer looking at G's lately. However, if you are anything like I was when I decided to start collecting you probably have a decent amount of time looking at the various models they have to offer. With this in mind you might have noticed they are trying to mix things up with the new lines or collections as Casio calls them.

The "Masters of G," collection is an AWESOME line up of G-Shocks and I do believe there is a watch for just about any taste and or need required by anyone who is a collector of these awesome watches. I forgot to mention to you that their latest ABC watch is the GWG-1000-1A3 better known as the "MUDMASTER."

gwg1000-1a3_xlarge.jpg

This is the first analog / digital combination G-Shock to be a triple sensor watch. I have the -3 version. Casio has released various versions of this massive watch. I do warned you about this; the Mudmaster is a HUGE watch and it dwarfs some of their big boys like the GX-56 "King G-Shock," The GWF-1000 "Frogman," and least the GW-A1100 "Gravity Defier Aviator."

gx56-1a_xlarge.jpg
GX-56 "King G-Shock."

20110512_04_04.jpg
GWF-1000 "Frogman."

gwa1100-1a3_xlarge.jpg
GW-A1100 "Gravity Defier Aviator."

Hope these pictures and info help you and once again welcome to the group. If you ever need any help with anything or just feel the need to shoot the proverbial shit hit me up.

P.S.
Check out Amazon they usually have them on sale year around and most of my G's I have purchase through them. I have never had an issue with any of them at all. Awesome customer service and reliability from them always.

hound

Check out Amazon they usually have them on sale year around and most of my G's I have purchase through them. I have never had an issue with any of them at all. Awesome customer service and reliability from them always.

This forum isn't looking too busy so I guess I'll chew the fat on this intro thread. I grabbed a GW-9400-3 OD green with a negative display for $180. I think it was a return from Amazon. I gotta try one for that. If anything I'll strap it to the stock of my rifle. -matt

Spence

Hey everyone. New to the forum located in the US, but definitely not new to watches or Casio. I seem to come and go from Casio, but I think that's now changing. I've grown tired of the idiosyncrasies of mechanical watches and have been wearing an all black Protrek 2500 for at least the past 6 months exclusively.

My previous Casios have been an all black Giez Chrono and a stainless steel ana-digi G-Shock which I don't remember the model number. Every model I've owned has been a solar atomic and is by far my favorite features of the brand. I have the PRW-5000 black bracelet for my 2500 and I'll post pictures soon. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone post a picture of this combo.

Anyway, I see more Gs in my future. I have a solar atomic Frogman in mind.